about vaccinations for babies

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by swapnaraaavi, Oct 30, 2013.

1. swapnaraaavi

swapnaraaavi Junior IL'ite

hi IL's

I have few doubts regarding vaccinations...plz do reply for the following...

1.my baby got BCG and DPT HIB,Hepatitis B and oral polio.....alll 3 doses completed in India...here doctors are saying to get rotavirus and PCV vaccinations also(which r optional in India)....r they necessary....

2.and where u people r consulting for vaccinations...private hospital people r saying these vaccinations r free in government hospitals...is it so...where did u got vaccinations for ur babies....

plz do reply for these...my baby is due for these vaccinations....

thanks in advance

2. saps105

saps105 Gold IL'ite

rotavirus is optional and its not covered (ateast when we went for my DD) We took our DD to SEHA in Al Mushrif(they have many clinics- not sure where they are located). you have to get an appointment.Call their call centre 02-6104000 before you take ur baby. the no. might get moderated

They will open file in your child's name i think at the time of appt itself. Also you may need to carry passport of child and parent(dont remember)pls check wit them at the time of appt. We normally take appt for morning so there is hardly any rush. they hv a paed. they check wt, ht etc.

3. alokgowda

alokgowda Senior IL'ite

saps105 is rite, u can take the baby to government clinic, as she said rota is not covered and u should go to private clinics to get it, i think it was 300aed when i got it done.

4. taniasiya

taniasiya New IL'ite

hi
    there is one govt clinic named al zafran behind abudhabi co op in murroor where vaccination are free if you have an insurance card
    also almost painless for baby as compared to in india
    they also takes vaccination on taking account of birth date
    dont waste time and contact quickly as they have a tight schedule

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013