About St.Peters school Bangalore

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares in Bangalore' started by sangsrini, Feb 20, 2008.

1. sangsrini

sangsrini New IL'ite

Hi all

I am in UK and I am planning to come back to Bangalore in april. I want to put my son aged 5yrs 6months in st.peters school, sarjarpur road and also bought flat in oceanus monarda sarjapur road. Does anybody knows about the school admission in st.Peters school and how is the standard of the school when compared to other schools in that area?Please help me.

By the way anybody in this forum has booked flat in oceanus monarda(builder oceanus dwellings)? If so, respond and would be good to share our views on the same.

:help

sangeetha.

2. Sinee

Sinee New IL'ite

Hi Sangeeta,

Just checking to see if you have had any luck with St. Peter's School, Sarjapur Road, Bangalore. I was looking at the school as a possible place to admit my son for their Kindergarten programme. However, any feedback would be welcome. Apparently there is very little information on the school on the net.

Sinee

3. sanjan

sanjan New IL'ite

Hi

i have been to this school for my son's admission for UKG. He was asked to attend a written test. My son was a bit uneasy to the new environment and had trouble in completing his test. The principal had a very cold behaviour and asked whether he ever attended school previously. But, they agreed to admit my child. The infrastructure was good. But we hesitated to put our child there though the fees was less when compared to other schools around it.

Later, we visited Vibgyor High which is in varthur (near marthahalli.). The principal was very cordial with us and to our child. The very behaviour of the prinicipal made us choose the school.

They have now opened a branch in HSR layout as well.

4. dominicsp

dominicsp New IL'ite

Hi Anonymous,

I have my daughters studying in St Peter's school from the last 4 years and we have been very happy with the school so far.

Positives
    - A non-nonsense school with focus on education and overall development of the child
    - Fees are reasonable and they have all the facilities that the fancy schools offer. Massive building, airy rooms, good student- teacher ratio, play ground, we maintained garden etc
    - The teachers my daughters had till date we very good and have provided very good feedback during our parents-teachers meet.
    - my daughters are doing pretty well
    - the competitions whether cultural or sports are well planned and executed. The best of them is the science exhibition
    - Good transport facility. We live in HSR layout
    - this school is part of St Xaviers trust and runs some very popular schools like Cambridge international in Mangalore and other cities
    - though the name may be misleading, this is not a church run school and the management is serious about education and include all strata of the society (elite club members may object to this).
    - Discipline is given utmost priority and unauthorized persons are not allowed to enter the school premises
    Areas of improvement
    -Need to introduce technology like SMS service when schools are shut down due to strikes, bunds, other unplanned holidays
    -Introduce open parents meeting to discuss areas of improvement with management and principal
    -Introduce security cameras (I think they are already planning for this) to enhance security in wake of recent incidents
    Thanks
    D
    ominic

1 person likes this.
  5. umaalexander

umaalexander Gold IL'ite

hi,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    i dont know much about lower classes,,,,,,but my daughter studied there from 8th to 10th,,,
    amazing difeerence i found out in her studies and in all other activities,,,
    she became very good in studies,,,,,very friendly nature of teachers,,,,,
    good environment,,,,,,,,i was fully satisfied with that school,,,,
    and i heard some BVS or BVR school cbse syllabus,,,,,is also good in education and
    allext curicular activities,,,,,,,they are following montessori method it seems,,,for lower classes