about south korea?

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific - Other Areas' started by dolly21, Apr 14, 2009.

1. sitasan

sitasan New IL'ite

Hi,

We found some really good information about south korea through kavyas replies. Thanks. My husband too got a job in samsung electronics, south korea. Its in Hwasung_city... any body staying in hwasung city? Please let us know.

Sita.

2. mayurakshi

mayurakshi New IL'ite

Hi I am Mayurakshi from bangalore. My husband got an offer from Samsung,Suwon. I need some info from you rearding life in Suwon. I hope you will help

for long-term contract employee does Samsung provide normal appatment or in guest house(IGH)? do i get baby products (like diaper etc) easily in supermarket? how do they cost compared to India?

I have more queries, will ask in next thread :)

-Mayurakshi

3. Prijanga

Prijanga New IL'ite

Hi!
    I guess you're already in Korea now, but let me tell you one thing: The language is easy!
    I've been learning it for a few months now, and I already know a lot. I dont live in South Korea but I love the music and language. (You can check your Korean with watching K-Dramas and variety shows) I see there are a lot of Indian people in Korea, but where in South Korea do the most Indians live? 'Cause Im planning on moving to Korea, after Im done with my study here, but if I go to a city with no Indians, I'd feel really different. Also, does any of you have kids? If yes, do they like being in Korea? Between all those Koreans? Im really curious about Indians living south korea, I think it'd be amazing if there were a lot of Indians in South Korea, as the culture does look alike. And is there also racism? 'Cause Ive heard a lot of african-american people talking about racism in South Korea. Anyways, I should stop typing now. I hope someone will reply this haha.

- Prijanga

4. ravii

ravii New IL'ite

Hi i too have an offer from samsung in suwon....could anyone tell me what would be the living expense there that includes electricity, internet, cable, groceries and food items..etc....plz it would be vey helpful for me...

5. tanima

tanima New IL'ite

Hi Kavya
    I am Tanima...even we r mocing to Suwon by August...ur information is really helpfull...I will be in touch with you.

6. yamglitz

yamglitz New IL'ite

Hi,

This is yamini.
    I am new to this community and i would like to know some details regarding employment in South Korea.
    I got married 4 months back and am living in seoul along with my husband since he is being employed here.
    I have completed my engineering and got 3.5 years of experience working as a software professional.
    Is there anyone working in korea in software companies???
    Or if you know anyone could you please enquire them for any vacancies????

Thanks in Advance!!!!

Regards,
    Yamini.

7. malathir

malathir New IL'ite

Hi Kaviya,
    Wanted to know if you are still there in suwon; my relative has an offer in Samsung Suwon and they have a 1 and 1/2 yr old kid; wanted to know what all they need to bring in terms of food items and elec items; can you help with some info?
    Thanks
    Malathi

8. JanetWinslet

JanetWinslet Junior IL'ite

the south Korea is a good place to travel.you cannot miss Jeju,South Korea's honeymoon.

9. archkrish

archkrish New IL'ite

Hi all,
    My husband has also having offer of Samsung and planning to move to Suwan.
    I want to join the social circle of samsung people in Suwan.I have been in USA
    and I know its hard to stay in any non native country without good social circle,
    Lets form a circle of Indians, so that we dont miss our country relatives,
    , its customs in Korea.

Please share your names (alias) anf family composition and what we want in the same
    thread instead of looking and posting different thread and start a new thread for each one.
    Lets share our experiences in korea.In this way we will feel connected and dont feel aliented:):)

My name : archkrish
    Reason : Samsung job
    Stay : Suwan
    Family My husband ,me and 3.5 years old kid
    We are coming in December.

I am currentl in Chennai but basically I am from Delhi.I shall like join you people.
    We tried to get information about Samsung job, Korea , culture , education and food
    weather and got all kind of reviews. We are quite confused whether we are making good
    decision or not by leaving our jobs and switching to Korea. many says its no:)t a good decision
    to go Korea, as your kid will feel aliented between other korean kids and other says
    I shall not get job there ....and many of them say that work culture is hard...its not a good place
    for a family to stay:):)

Please share your views, so that we may get help in taking guided decision and allay our
    fears:):)

10. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Going to korea, japan is like going to china.. these countries definitely you will face language problme.. if you get indian friends then things will be better.. samsung have many indians their and i have heard suwan is ok ok place.. instead of enquiring about social circle, try to look for schooling for your son who will need to go their sooner.. check it online and enquire about the medium of instruction and the fee. Rest you can manage, education is damn difficult in these countries.