1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

About Pankajakasturi

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by shakila banu, Jan 21, 2008.

1. shakila banu

shakila banu Bronze IL'ite

DEAR ILITES

I REQUEST YOU ALL TO KNOW WHETHER PANKAJA KASTHURI IS SAFE TO USE FOR COLD CAUGH ETC. DOES IT HAVE ANY SIDE EFFECTS. CAN I GIVE IT TO 1YEAR BABY AS WELL. PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE EARLIEST. THANKS IN ADVANCE.:hatsoff

Similar Threads
    1. shakila banu
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. shakila banu

Dear vidhya

thank you very much for your reply.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Shakila,

I am giving my son pankaja kasturi (in the powder form) for the past 2 years..it helps keep control on his allergy..though not completely under control the frequency has reduced..it is not harmful at all..but a little hot to have it as a powder.. you get the syrup also...

but for a 1 year old...i am not so sure...or comfortable...i would suggest,
    buy ajwain(omum) clean it...and store it.
    take so me ajwain,raisins,jeera, two pepper corns,a very very small piece of ginger, if u get tulsi it is fine,few sugar candy (karkandu) boil in a 1 quantity of water, reduce to 1/2..,strain it and give it with little honey..if given regularly keeps check on colds...u can make it in the morning..and give 2tsp every 3 hours..

hope this helps...

4. shakila banu

Dear shanvy

Thank you very much. Actually i started giving it in liquid form. Then inbetween i had doubt that what i am doing is right or wrong and will it have any side effects hence this query.This syrup completely stop the running nose etc. but the phlem gets deposited in the lungs and has slight cough not sever. And when he coughs i could feel that he gets the phlem in his mouth but he is so young to spit it out isnt. Hope it would be excreted through the stools isnt. Thank you friends for your guidance.

5. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,
    Thanks for your tips. My 3 year old son use to get cold very frequently. Let me try your Kashayam.:coffee

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

susri,

It really helps keep t he cold under check. I have a son who is 9+ and gets frequent cold from birth.

7. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Hi Shakila banu,

I used to give pankajakasturi syrup to my children but now I stopped be'cos we cannot see an immediate result, one has to take it regularly & then only it becomes effective.
    Now I am giving 'sanjeevani' pills (sidhaa medicine) it is more effective, harmless & you can see the result immediately. You can also give them to below one-year-old baby by crushing it & mixing it with mother's milk.

8. shakila banu

Dear Anushiv thanks for your post. But here being in saudi very difficult to get siddha homeo medicines except allopathy. Thanks to all. Keep posting.

9. sn_sangita

sn_sangita New IL'ite

Hi Anushiv,

Can you please tell me where you got the sanjeevani pills from? Do you give them to treat common cold/cough or to treat cough/wheezing ?
    how effective are they?

10. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I bought Sualen cough drops in Delhi last year. They are Unani medicine and very effective and safe. According to the pharmacist, they are safe for small children. After you take several of them you cough out all the stuff in the lungs. My friends little boy loved the taste and when I came back to the states, he said to me over the phone: Nana, please come back and give me medicine! :)

Another excellent treatment is to take mullein tea. This is also an effective expectorant and tastes pretty good also. Make it as a clear tea and you can add some sugar if you like.