1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

About my best friends

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by lathanarasimhan, Jun 17, 2007.

1. lathanarasimhan

lathanarasimhan New IL'ite

:yes:
    Hi indusladies,

I thought it will be a nice idea to write about happy memories.

I was around 22 when I met two of my best friends Geetha & Vijaya.

My daughter was 6months old & we were staying in Chamrajpet,Bangalore.

Everyday at 3.30pm I used to go to a milkvendor to buy fresh milk.There I met

Geetha. On her own she initiated a conversation with me.It became a routine to

exchange pleasantries. Once my daughter was unwell,so the milkman offered to

supply milk at home.Geetha enquired about me and came to know about my

Daughters illness from the milkman.The same day arond 5pm Geetha visited me

with a friend of hers Vijaya.They were worried at that young age in a new city

how I'll be feeling with a sick child.They offered every help. Stayed with me till

my husband was back that day.For me to have someone whom I hardly know

offering so much help & taking out time to visit us was such a great boon.

Our Great Friendship started that day.We met everyday.We had great time

together shopping,tailoring,visiting temples,going to movies,trying out new

recipes,etc.Though I stayed out of Bangalore for many years due to husbands

transfers,we always kept in touch.We are like sisters.

I am so lucky to have friends like Geetha & Vijaya.

Ilites do write about your friends.

bye [​IMG]

lathanarasimhan

Last edited: Jun 17, 2007

2. vijisriram

vijisriram New IL'ite

:wave hi akka,

ur friendship thread was gr8. Hats of 2 u all:2thumbsup:

luv
    vijisriram

3. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Latha,

nice to see ur friendship thread and ur lucky u r in touch with ur good friends.

bye
    padma

3 people like this.
  4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Good thread starter. Happy to know that you are in contact with those friends who became sisters, later-- no wonder, friends are the family we choose.

Sriniketan

2 people like this.
  5. lathanarasimhan

:wavePadma,Sri,Viji,
    It would be nice if others join me and write about their friends.
    Thanks for the replies.
    Regards latha.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. kswati

kswati New IL'ite

Hi !:wave

Let me first tell u a very nice thread to start and above all a very nice thought of remembering freindship this way.
    I too have to share my experience of making friend.

I am not a very extrovert person and keep to myself. Infact, if I am standing somewhere alone say witing for bus or anything of that sort I unknowing will have a stern look or probably a frown.
    Anyways, we had just shifted to Kuwait and enrolled my daughter to school. I used to go to pick her up in the afternoons and to avoid being late and she getting panicky if i get late i used to go quite 15-20 minutes early. Here i met Radhika. She too like me used to come early to pick her son who incidentally was also studying in the same class same division. As opposite to my behaviour she is bubbly, extrovert, with a charming sweet smile and no need to say very very helpful. We quickly connected with each other and the common bonding was she too was from Bombay and was staying in Kuwait since long nine years. She was my guide to thuis new place, was asister like to me infact till today is. Later after a month or so I was conceiving and was advised total bed rest, she voluntarily picked the responsibility of picking and dropping my daughter to school, arranged for her own maid to work at my house and so many many things which i just cannot put in words and express my gratitude. She used to take time from her house hold chores, family, friends to visit me once a week atleast so i do not feel bored sitting at home. No need to say she is such a good samaritan. If not for her I would have fled kuwait and gone back within six months and see its five years i am still here.
    Thanks Radhika.!!!

7. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear latha, thanks for starting a wonderful thread. True friends are rare so handle them with care. How true? Swati very nice to read your experiences. I too have a similar friend in Kuwait. When I landed in Kuwait, I felt like an alien in this country. I had left my job in India and came here. It was maddening to sit at home whole day with no friends around to talk in our own language. Then my husband to me to this sweet friend "Chitra" and told me she also was working in an insurance company in India and she had left her job and came here. She received us with so much hospitality and spoke to me as though she had known me for years. She gave me so many containers she had collected and kept ( for we had not bought any containers to store kitchen items from India) . She gave me all the information I needed. She use to be so considerate and helpful. Even now, whenever we need any info abt anything my husband will say call your friend and find out. She has not been like this only to me but to many people who come new to this place. I too have inherited her qualities. I help those who come new to the possible extent providing them all information regarding the place, tuitions and availability of things etc. But for her help i too would have left this place. now it is nine years since i came and i have made lot of friends and we enjoy being here.

thanks n regards
    sujatha

8. lathanarasimhan

Hi Sujatha and Swati

Thanks for sharing your experiences - its was wonderful to read about your friendships.

Regards
    Latha:wave

4 people like this.
  9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Latha,

Yes friends like yours are hard to find tghese days.Everyone is so matlabi really.Regards.kamal