1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

About montessori school admissions

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by kads, Jun 19, 2007.

1. kads

kads Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    I was tensed because of this.
    My son will turn 3yrs in this august.We r planning to put him in pre-school(would say in montessori) from august.The problem is my husband may change his job and this can happen anywhere from this month means from june till anywhere in september.so as anyways i have to put him in montessori here in aug in phoenix if we dont shift by that time.
    My concern was will he immediately get admission in montessori if we anytime want to shift as pre schools starts from august..and also i have heard that in preschool he can get the admission anytime but in montessori its not possible as they have there own rules and what not..but as we prefer only montessori.
    So basically my question is will he get admission in montessori if we go any time unexpected or for there we need to fill form befor 3monthsand all that which is not possible as we dont know were will we be going as its all were he will be through the interview...
    thanks a lot and pl reply..

2. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Re: Any information on this..

I don't know about other schools but my son is in a montessori here.We were not particular about a montessori school but this school is the closest to our home and so we chose it.

I think getting admission depends on whether there is an opening or not.I don't think it is a fixed rule that you have to wait 3 months.The school authorities told me that whenever some child leaves the school there will be an opening and then they give admission to a new student.Since till kindergarten,they don't have a regular syllabus for teaching kids,they can take in students at any time based on availability.

Since your child is only 3,you can afford to wait for some time.Otherwise,maybe you can put your child is another pre-school for the time being until your kid is 4.
    During the school yr-August to June,it is quite difficult to get admission,that is true.That is why most people who are relocating,do it around May or June.

I am curious to know why you prefer only Montessori form of education,is there any particular reason?

1 person likes this.
  3. kads

kads Senior IL'ite

Re: Any information on this..

sunitha thanks a lot for ur reply .As u told admission in school time frm june to aug is bit diffuclt ,and this is what i was concern about,anyways lets see.
    I prefer montessori as have heard the education is very gd i mean in montessori they have a particular way of teaching which is very brainy and fast easy learning and also the way of teaching is very different..u can google montessori .com .Ithink u will get gd information from this..
    bye and thanks for ur reply