About HSR layout

Discussion in 'Bangalore' started by cathzeta, Dec 24, 2009.

1. cathzeta

cathzeta Bronze IL'ite

Hello fellow-ILs,
    I have a few Qns regarding buying apartment in Blore. I have been in Blore all my life - stayed in Blore west and now in JB nagar after wedding. We are planning to buy an apartment.

Hows HSR layout to buy an apartment? We just checked up the place and there are lot of empty sites there. Is it safe?
    Also heard that there is a compost development site there. Is that a cause of concern?

My husband works in ORR and I go to Jayanagar and hence we were thinking on either HSR or AECS. Please suggest.

Thanks a ton for your time,
    Ambica

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009

2. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Cathzeta:

HSR layout is realtively new but fast growing locality and is the case with any new locality, to start with you have to cope with kuccha roads, thefts (not applicable if you are in an apartment) and minimal services available. But since HSR layout is under BDA, the services and facilities will catch up in no time - Bangalore is growing at such a fast pace.

Vacant sites again should not pose a problem for apartment dwellers if the apartment has security.

However, what works to your advantage is the price per sq.ft (which will be lower compared to the developed areas.

Hope this helps.

Sindhu

3. cathzeta

cathzeta Bronze IL'ite

Thanks a ton for replying Sindhu.

Do you stay there? Do U know about the compost development site there? Is that harmful or is just a dumping ground?

Thanks again,
    Cathzeta.

4. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Cathzeta:

I don't live there but my cousin bought an apartment there very recently.

Don't know about the compost development site. Going by the name, it shouldn't be a danger since people (in other countries) have compost pits in their backyards, however, would suggest checking it out.

Sindhu