1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

About How Many Grams Of Gold Jewelry Is Typically Given By The Bride's Parents?

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by rupar, Jun 12, 2018.

1. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

@rupar,

I agree with @shravs3, my DH buys (or do I stick the bill on him?) on demand basis for me.

The trend in jewellery changed a lot. Buy items when you have use for it. These days, very cute items are available as you said in less than 16 grams. No one wares large flashy yellow gold, any more. Subtle fancy or white gold is preferable.

shravs3 likes this.
  2. Vaishnaviayyar1

Vaishnaviayyar1 Senior IL'ite

20-25 sovereigns is ideal. It covers the mangalsutra, necklace, chain some bangles and diamond studs. My parents gave me lot of gold. I keep them in locker and always wear duplicates Duplicate models and stones look even brighter than original.So I think anything above basic normal is not useful at all. Amd you incur heavy losses if you try to sell or melt it into a new model. So unless your caste demands more GOLD 25 should be sufficient for basic. Around 4 sovereigns for the groom you can buy in coins or bars

3. rupar

rupar New IL'ite

@Vaishnaviayyar1
    Thank you for your input. As you said, it makes sense to do the basic with respect to jewelry and then buy coin/bar if we want to give more or for the future.