1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

About Fathers

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi ladies,
    this is what i heard from a programme in the TV, regarding' Father's Day'.
    Mostly fathers are the target for making the children to be quiet. Like,' if you don't do this I will tell to your father and he will beat you 'and so on.
    As a result of this, the children are away from him as the matter of fear.
    But we come to know about his love for the children only after the marriage of his girls. You can seen him bent before his daughter's in-laws as if he is the servant of them, for which sometimes, the in-laws are not worth of it.
    Do we realise his love only then or in what incidents?
    Pour your opinions on this.
    Sriniketan

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007

2. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Sri,

I think this was true in earlier days. Today i see more and more kids closer to their father.

Today they are more friends after a stage than father and children.

Roopa.

3. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Sri,

nice topic. father's love is almost same alwyas but children realize it very late, boys a bit careless but for girls fathers are always source of inspiration and strength. Most of the cases girls know how much fahter care for them but in few rare cases even though fahter loves his daughters a lot but he will never show it just to become strict. in such cases where fahters are very strict girls don't realize why father is being strict they take it other ways. it is not the case now a days but still we can see highly educated fahters just avoid their daughters such daughters can't cant think their fahter love them.

bye
    padma

sindmani and rgsrinivasan like this.
  4. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Both me and my brother adore our father to a very greater extent. Our mother is our friend and our father is our guide. His handwriting is too good and it is like that of a print on a paper. I still remember me asking my grandfather when he was alive, "Thatha, how is it appa's handwriting is very good? and his reply, he used to practice writing even on holidays so he has that nice handwriting". Infact my daughter now says amma ask thatha to write my name in my books and in the labels.

Infact he has guided me so many things personally and has given me full freedom and has always trusted and supported me during my teens. That trust and support was that of the cow's string. That trust and support gave me the freedom and it was that trust and support helped me to make so many friends both boys and girls.

And now I see my kids being so close to their father. Though aged 6 and 2, my kids love to be with their father whenever he is around. He plays with them and tells them stories. They are so close and so friendly at times they all take sides and leave me alone to face the tantrums they make.:lol:

sindmani, charmbabez and iyerviji like this.