About Botswana Gabarone and Francistown Places

Discussion in 'Indians in Africa' started by karthikeyan1986, Aug 17, 2013.

1. karthikeyan1986

karthikeyan1986 New IL'ite

Dear All please tell about Francistown and gabarone place working style and bus facilities , local language , cheapest items , availability of malls , climate , living cost of bachalor , entertaintment , travelling facilities.

2. SHASHIKANTH31

SHASHIKANTH31 New IL'ite

Dear all

Even me also planed to botswana gabrone and my salry is 12000 BWP.
    I am a bachelor plz let me know cost of living their. (self cooking also outside)
    Flight charges ,vise charges everything paying by employer.

3. SHASHIKANTH31

SHASHIKANTH31 New IL'ite

I want to know cost of living in botswana

Dear all

I planed to go btswana gaborone in the November for job and my salry is 12000 BWP.

I am a bachelor.Pls tel me the cost of living their for self cooking and having outside.

4. karthikeyan1986

Re: I want to know cost of living in botswana

Dear frd me also want the details within two months i am also coming there place is gaborone or francistown if u get any information plz share with me i am from tamilnadu

5. SHASHIKANTH31

SHASHIKANTH31 New IL'ite

tel me yo salry in pula.

As far as my friends concerned Gabrone is good place.

We can not go out side alone aftr 6.30 PM or 7 PM also we should not over posh bz people of Botswana thinking Indians are very rich and may chances of robbery.

Veg dishes are costly and non veg is cheaper.

Which is you job der and am as Jewellery designer teaching post

6. karthikeyan1986

Thank you sir for your reply my salary is 8500 pula they are providing accomadation and travelling allowance seperatly now i am working in design engineer and their inchrge of one newly openned generator and bore hole some of items sales division that new branch opened in francistown if colud know that place sir, my salary is k for living that place or not enough sir please tell me about that. i am from tamilnadu friend wat about u

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  7. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    I have never been to Botswana but lived in Uganda for 4 yrs ..........pls,don't take my answer as bench mark & do your own research but Iam just sharing my experience of Africa......
    Africa is beautiful & have one of the gentiliest ,courtesy people I have met(we have worked in 4 African countries)........English is widely spoken & understood.........vegetables are readily available & not costlier then non veg..........
    lots of Indian supermarkets with lots of Indian stuff.......all Indian festivals are celebrated irrespective of the state you are from India....lots of socializing among Indians.........In Uganda we used to stay out late & drive home after late night movies or parties & it was no problem but here in SA we don't because of risk of accidents(here speed of 120km/h is allowed on highway & drunk driving is normal)............lots of Indian resturants & quite few temples .....indian movies regularaly shown in cinema & even lots of Indian channels on DsTV.......
    being bachelor your salary is enough but make sure your company is providing facilities like medical,airfare to India ,car facilities for office(shared normal for bachelors)
    u may find African maids who can make good indian food(yes,thats a big plus in Africa)

remember
    1.never mistreat any African.....shout at them or be rude........you are in there country taking Their jobs having life much better then them so resentment is obvious but luckily African people are very polite & loving but you need to be kind in return

2.brush up your spoken English skills.........African have Excellent English language command & you really need very good communication skills to survive....

3,chk the weather condition & bring clothes accordingly...Africa doesn't mean burning hot rather it has climate a lot like India with summers,rains & cold winters.....you need good clothes as again African are very well dressed & clothes conscious..........again,its not easy to get good quality clotes so better plan & bring good stuff from India...........

4.bring essential utensils as you get but again not very good quality......

5.bring medicines which you need for whole year otherwise bring basic medicine like disprin,ORS(u get everything but again quality).....many hospitals have Indian doctors.

I hope it answers lots of your question but again its not Botswana specific so do your own research...few yrs back one of the posters from Botswana posted few threads on Botswana ,you may like to search for that........

1 person likes this.