1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Abnormal husband, abusive marriage. cant handle situation.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by supriyakapadia, May 20, 2014.

1. supriyakapadia

supriyakapadia New IL'ite

Dear all,
    Its been 4 years exactly yesterday that I was married and I never had even a single day where I was happy. My husband never loved me and spent time with me , whenever we are together he is always bossy and has his own opinion to put forward and disregards what i say. Never pays heed to my wants likes and dislikes. For a few months after marriage we were together and I did not see any kind of attraction in him towards me. I used to try my level best to get his attention but sooner from some of his online history i realised that he wasnt inclined to women, i never discussed this with him and kept it with me as a secret. That was heart breaking but i gathered my courage and decided to keep trying with a hope that someday i could create love in his heart.

Then he moved to saudi for three years and he did not take me with him, it was 3 years I was here in India. Whenever he visited he used to spend more times with his friends. Its been a few months now that he is back home and things have worsened, earlier we used to atleast have a meal together but now its not the same anymore. He is very peculiar about things and so if a simple small thing goes wrong he insults me now recently he has started abusing me an hitting me, he disappears from home for days and never gives an account of where he had been. I was alone in India for 3 years during this time despite of knowing his orientation I never fell into temptation of dating other men neither am I now interested. I don want to part ways. All I want is that he just allows me to live my life peacefully without abuse and atleast spend time with me to have a child. I talked with him about children and he always says he is not settled yet and there is still time. How do I convince this man. Is there any way I could cerate feelings in his mind for a woman.

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Seriously? You want to have a baby with an abusing man? That too a gay man?
    You have a right to destroy your life but what right do you have to destroy the life of a little child.

Don't be selfish.Don't look for a helpless child to help you in life.You are an adult and deal with your life yourself.

What positive do you see in this relationship that you want to hold on to it?
    Do you have a job?
    What about family support?

No ,you can make a gay man straight. There are bisexual people out there but that just means you are cheating yourself.It is sad that this man chose you to shield his homosexuality.He is a coward....but why are you being a coward? You tell your family about this and take their support.Take a divorce ...and make him pay for the last four years of use and abuse.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
    16 people like this.
  3. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

You want a child with this man?? But why? Just give us one good reason why you want to bring a child to this world with such an arrogant man?

1 person likes this.
  4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Supriya, I understand that you don't wish to separate from your husband. You probably have your reasons, and I can't question them. But I can give you an outsider's perspective based on the limited information you have provided.

A marriage is worth the effort only when both parties invest themselves completely into a stable and equitable long term relationship. Your husband has never made any effort towards your well-being or your happiness. You have spent 3 of 4 years separated from him. Most tellingly, you say that you have not been happy for even one day in the four years that you have been with him. Don't you think you need to direct your efforts into extricating yourself from an emotionally empty relationship, rather that trying to preserve it? Don't waste your life trying to create love in the heart of man for whom you barely exist. Will it be fair to bring a child into a relationship where the father stays missing for days on end? If your husband doesn't love or respect you as you are, he won't do so just because you give birth to his child. The only outcome of having a baby with this man will be that instead of you being miserable by yourself, you will be miserable with the added stress of caring for a baby.

It may be hard to contemplate a life other than the one you are living right now. The prospect of beginning all over again can be frightening but life is too long and too precious to be lived out as a compromise. Just something to think about.

3 people like this.
  5. supriyakapadia

Thank you Yellowmango cutiepie and gauri. Your opinions are certainly influencing my viewpoint. But one thing is for sure I am not parting ways with him so in this case I have to live alone all my life. I just want to find my love in my kid so that i can spend my life. Lots of confusion really.

6. supriyakapadia

I have a good job and family is financially stable and thats why i dont mind being a single parent.

7. aabcii

aabcii Gold IL'ite

dont go for a child now .. have a good relation .. ask his plans and his wishes .. have a good talk then decide what he needs ..

8. Denni

Denni Gold IL'ite

I just don't understand why would anyone marry someone and treat them like a doormat!. Obviously he's not interested in women and marriage so why marry in the first place?

And Supriya, I honestly think, you shouldn't be pining for his affection. You are non existent to him. Only God knows what he is doing in Saudi since he's inclined towards man. I think he need to protect his identity so he is using you for that purpose.

Talk to him. Tell him you know about his preference. You should have confronted him long ago. Give him the ultimatum. Its sad that you are wasting away you life for this man.

Please don't even think about getting pregnant with this guy. He is not being responsible for his wife and what makes you think he's going to be responsible father? A child needs a stable life and both the parents should be present in his/her life throughout the growing years. Importantly why have a child with a man who don't love you?

9. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Are you sure, he is a gay ? The fact that he has not shown any interest in you, since the beginning itself can not be the only evidence to conclude his orientation as gay.

Gay men display many signals, which are too obvious to miss. A gay man will be unusually close to another man, whom he will claim a friend, but spend his all available time with him. You can easily sense his emotional connection to other men.

There will be frequent tell-tale evidences of his being a gay. Mind it, gay men are as sexually active as heterosexual men. Hence, this 'activity' will be visible.

do you see other evidences of him being a gay ?

If you are sure, he is a gay, then, there is absolutely no point in you expecting him to change. A gay man will never change, because it is not his willing choice to remain so.

It is something Nature has imposed on him, on which he has no control over.

Two things I emphasise are :

1) Be sure , he is a gay

2) Once you are sure , he is gay, please be informed in the right way, he is permanently a gay man, no effort by you or any other woman is going to change his orientation or likes /dislikes. Your hopes of change will end up only in a futile wait.

10. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

If you have resigned yourself to living alone, then why with him? Why not without him? You don't need him to have a child. You are financially independent. Find a sperm donor, or better still, adopt a child. Why go through emotional and physical abuse just to stay married?

7 people like this.