1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Abhi to main jawan hoo (I am still young)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Aug 18, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Mira dear glad to receive your first fb, glad that I brought back your old memories.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Satchi dear thanks for your compliments. Glad you also remember the old songs.Ya dear now a days we dont find those old type songs which were so melodious and had some meaning in it. [

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Kalyani dear glad you liked the post. So you also used to homework listening to songs. So I have company. Right dear I also used to enjoy audio programmesI

. Also, used to enjoy listening to drama (audio) programs. What an wonder those lovely and expressive voice can do! The voice behind the name was everything, not the face - as it is today!

True though we could not see the faces used to enjoy the dramas .

You are always ever green ma, at your heart!

Thanks for yur compliments
    ]

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Viji aunty, who does not remember Vividh Bharathi days!! Good memories is what makes ours and others' lives memorable. And with our dear Shammi passing away, all his songs are already making me teary eyed already
    :( albeit with joy!!

Sabita dear glad to know that you also enjoy old songs , ya dear those memories makes are lives memorable. I too used to lov eShammi's songs.
    s

While I wait for the clock to strike 12, let me share this favorite song of mine which captures what you are saying beautifully. It is "Yesterday once more" by Carpenters. Here are the lyrics :

Thank you dear for your favourite song, now it has become my favourite too, as whatever is written in that son gwas in my mind too. I will treasure this song and listen to it whenever I feel low.

I will send the link to the song in a PM, hope you will listen and enjoy it as well!! I have not tired of the song yet...even after many many years!![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link . I heard that song and liked it very much. Very thoughtful of you to send me.

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sudha dear thanks for your compliments. glad your mother too listens to old songs. [

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Shaka dear glad u too remember those beautiful days. [

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

[Raji dear true people were happy with little things.

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Anisu dear glad you too used to listen to radio and glad your mom still listens to radio programmes.

Vijima..you are always young at your heart ....[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the compliments

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Mindi dear
    I just saw the title and wondered if uncle was singing " Ae meri zohra jabeen " to you.:)

What a nice thought

is janam din ke shubh afsar par meri yeh praarthana hai ki aap hamesha jawan rahe aur salaamath rahe..

Thanks dear

ohhh reading your post and all the fbs makes me want to play antaakshari so badly...I always thought Amin sayani had one of the best voices.. so did his bro who compered the Bournvita quiz... so many radio programmes we used to enjoy..I still listen to old songs only most of the time.... only that the ipod has replaced the radio..:)[/QUOTE]

Yes dear I too love old songs but now dont remember the words.

10. shambavi2000

shambavi2000 Silver IL'ite

hi

'eighteen till I die...'!Vividh Bharti, Binaca Geetmala,Amin Sayani, old hindi songs...you all have let loose a virus that I can't shake off. I wouldn't want to either..

Years ago,on a train journey, a middle aged man was playing Anthakshari with my daughter-all of 4 years then-and she belted out 'pyaar hua ekraar hua' from Shree 420 that won her smiles and hugs from all passengers.They all wondered how she could know a vintage number and she replied it was her mom's song!

Listening to songs on mp3 players plugged into my ears can never bring the same joy and feel as listening to them on the radio-am i being tad old-fashioned here?