1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Abhi to main jawan hoo (I am still young)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Aug 18, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

We do not remember days we remember moments. I remember some moments which are to be treasured. The moments which I spent with my friends in my childhood days. The moments I spent with my family, eating together, enjoying together, outing together.

In those old memories one was listening to Radio. Listening to songs in the Radio. I used to do my homework listening to Radio. One of my cousin used to say ask her she will tell which song is from which movie. Those days we used to wait to hear Binaca Geet Mala which used to come on Wednesdays from I think 8 pm. to 9 pm. The songs used to be the top songs and also to hear Amin Sayani's voice. He was the hero of that programme. When we were chatting today was just recollecting the old songs. I was telling that my dh thinks I am still a young lady. For whcih they were remembering the song Ye meri Shohra jabeen thuje maloom nahi and I was also remembering Jalte Hai jiske liye from Sujata Film. Oh those days the songs were so meladious . Now I cant remember the wordings.

Hope I can go back to those old times and enjoy life

P.S. If Mindi or Satchi had written this write up they would have written better than me.

6 people like this.

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

those are olden golden days, viji mami. thanks for taking us also back in your time machine....now i am humming some old scores.....:)

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Vijima, of course you are ever green. What lovely songs and what lovely memories. I too remember the Vivid Bharati Vigyapan Karyakram those days. Those songs were sheer poetry. Something we don't often find today.

4. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijimma,
    Very lovely posts.
    Yes, I also used to enjoy many such song programs in radio those days. I used to do homework listening to songs from the radio. Also, used to enjoy listening to drama (audio) programs. What an wonder those lovely and expressive voice can do! The voice behind the name was everything, not the face - as it is today!

You are always ever green ma, at your heart!

1 person likes this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Viji aunty, who does not remember Vividh Bharathi days!! Good memories is what makes ours and others' lives memorable. And with our dear Shammi passing away, all his songs are already making me teary eyed already
    :( albeit with joy!!

While I wait for the clock to strike 12, let me share this favorite song of mine which captures what you are saying beautifully. It is "Yesterday once more" by Carpenters. Here are the lyrics :

Yesterday Once More
    Carpenters

When I was young
    I'd listen to the radio
    Waitin' for my favorite songs When they played I'd sing along
    It made me smile.

Those were such happy times
    And not so long ago
    How I wondered where they'd gone
    But they're back again
    Just like a long lost friend
    All the songs I loved so well.

Every Sha-la-la-la
    Every Wo-o-wo-o
    Still shines
    Every shing-a-ling-a-ling
    That they're startin' to sing's
    So fine.

When they get to the part
    Where he's breakin' her heart
    It can really make me cry
    Just like before
    It's yesterday once more.

Lookin' back on how it was
    In years gone by
    And the good times that I had
    Makes today seem rather sad
    So much has changed.

It was songs of love that
    I would sing to then
    And I'd memorize each word
    Those old melodies
    Still sound so good to me
    As they melt the years away.

Every Sha-la-la-la
    Every Wo-o-wo-o
    Still shines
    Every shing-a-ling-a-ling
    That they're startin' to sing's
    So fine.

All my best memories
    Come back clearly to me
    Some can even make me cry.
    Just like before
    It's yesterday once more.
    (courtesy Google :)

I will send the link to the song in a PM, hope you will listen and enjoy it as well!! I have not tired of the song yet...even after many many years!!

4 people like this.
  6. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Viji ma, your thoughts are always young and so you will never become old !!
    Glad to note that you were reminded of the old times when radio was the best source of entertainment.
    Even now my mother keeps her small transistor below her pillow and listen to her heart or should I say to her ears's content and go to sleep !!!

7. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Viji Dear...
    I remember those beautiful days...
    Binaca Geet Mala....Vividh Bharathi and Radio Ceylon for tamil songs....
    Radio and transistor were our main source of entertailment...

Nostalgic ,indeed!!!!!

8. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Aunty, in those days people were happy with so little! Even my father thinks that old songs are the best! But they are really melodious, and their charm does not wear off even after so many years!

9. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Vijima,

Radio was our main source of entertainment and in my house the day used to start with radio ...at 5:55 ....that music used to come ..n later on Vande mataram song ......n we could know the timings based on the programs coming in radio ....

we used to stay in a very remote project area and radio used to be our best friend those days ....
    And till today ...its our best friend ..and my mom still listens to the programs that come on Vivid bharathi ....
    But in my house we have switched on to TV ....

Vijima..you are always young at your heart ....

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear viji,

I just saw the title and wondered if uncle was singing " Ae meri zohra jabeen " to you.:)

is janam din ke shubh afsar par meri yeh praarthana hai ki aap hamesha jawan rahe aur salaamath rahe..

ohhh reading your post and all the fbs makes me want to play antaakshari so badly...I always thought Amin sayani had one of the best voices.. so did his bro who compered the Bournvita quiz... so many radio programmes we used to enjoy..I still listen to old songs only most of the time.... only that the ipod has replaced the radio..:)

2 people like this.