Aandals Thiruppavai - 2

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by varalotti, Mar 1, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Advaita. I will surely post more of Thiruppavai but with sufficient gap so that we can enjoy fully the earlier verse.
    I am sure by the end of this series, you will not only become a follower but a devotee of Aandaal.
    varalotti

2. varalotti

Re: You made my day, Teja!

Thanks Teja, for the kind words.
    Varalotti

3. varalotti

Thanks Vandhana!

Dear Vandhana,
    Posting this song and its translation filled my mind with peace of mind and helped me to manage a hectic day.
    Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, Vandhana.
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Dear Anjana,

Thanks a ton, Anjana. In fact as I told earlier I am trying to have some gadgets attached to my laptop so that I can post an audio file of my chanting. This is done not to host my voice across this site, but to ensure that the pronunciation is done correctly.

Pray to Aandal Herself that this series should continue till we see all the verses of Aandal.
    Thanks once again, Anjana.
    sridhar

5. varalotti

At times I feel guilty, Kamla!

Dear dear Kamla,

At times I feel guilty that I am robbing your very precious time with the very, very precious Mira.

It is an honour to me that Mira's grandmother is commenting on a post on Aandal. While Mira was in the North, Aandal ruled South in Bakthi literature.

It is my good luck that I am able to serve so many wonderful ladies with gems from our literature. Having found the Bakthi side now I feel I can go on writing for a hundred thousand years in this site. The only limitation will be my life-span.

But dont worry I will write in this site in my next incarnation also.

Aandal is saakshaat Mahalakshmi, Jeganmatha. It was our merit done in previous births that the World-Mother was born in our land. And she sang in praise of Lord. Such a powerful combination, such a divine combination, would make any one a very good translator, even a moron like me.

I am very happy that I am making so many happy.

Thanks once again. Coo a "sorry dear" into the ears of Mira on my behalf.
    L.,
    sridhar

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

I have not yet become that self less that I will give up on my favorite activities for my kids and grandkids. That will only make me a frustrated ma and grandma. I will not be fun for them nor to myself ! I think one has to nurture oneself too if one wishes to be a well balanced and a happy human being.

Hence sir, no sorrys and excuse mes to Mira or anyone. Besides, she is too smiley and sleepy to hold it against me!! And I see the innocence and love of Andal in her eyes, yes , that is the magic of a small child:)

So there, no problems. Just go ahead and keep giving us these irresistible excerpts for everyone's joy. I will 'make' time if I don't have time.

Hope you are also looking into that audio attachment that you have promised. That sure will be thrilling.

And....I still cannot see the Andal picture...what happened??

L, Kamla

7. varalotti

Dear Kamla,

You have set my mind at rest. And you have given distilled wisdom to the young mothers and potential grand mothers in this site. That they should first nurture themselves if they want to give quality nurturing to their kids/grand kids.

Thanks, Kamla for the explanation,
    L. sridhar

8. varalotti

An Attempt At Audio File of This Thiruppavai!

Dear All,

I have got the audio file ready. Let me see if the system/site accepts it. I am not very comfortable with my voice. The only consolation I have is that is the vehicle that carries Andals Thiruppavai.

My computer records sound only in wav files and IL does not accept wav files.
    So I made it into a zip file. Still it does not accept uploading.

Let's see.
    regards,
    Varalotti

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Varalotti,

When you say that you are trying to enhance this thread and IL, by attaching a wav file- many thoughts flit thru my mind.

One is move over Ariyakudi, we have our own brand of Thiruppavai othuvar here in IL. It will be so good to hear the actual chanting, in exact pronounciation and meter. It will be like getting upadesham from a Guru.

Second, will that make our good ole Indusladies the first site to have voice online? If so, IL zindabaad! Viva Indusladies!

And finally, we get to discover how Varalotti actually sounds!

Promising, Andal willing!

regards
    Vidya

10. varalotti

Well Ladies,

I have succeeded at last in attaching an audio file containing my chanting of this thiruppavai.

This is given in 2 parts (to conform to the size restrictions). The first part is here. And the second part is in the next post.

If I sing my neighbours always call the Police. So I did not take any risk here. It is just chanting.

Let me have your views.

Varalotti

Attached Files: