Aandals Thiruppavai - 2

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by varalotti, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Advaita

Advaita New IL'ite

Very eloquvent,sir. I am not follower of Andal, but I read her works. Maybe you can post more in a week.

2. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Re: You mady day, Teja!

Dear Varalotti sir,

Wow !!! Thanq so much for ur quick reply n as ur beautiful presentaion of Tirupavai is very beautiful as the original and GodaDevi herself....I donnow how I missed the Tirupavai-1 :icon_frown: . I will stick to these threads more often to read ur wonderful articles n to learn more about Aandal amma...

Though I am a silent reader of ur articles u made me to come forward n express my luv about Aandal amma... I heard the story a very littile but after a long time u made my dreams come true with ur detailed explanation of Aandal amma story...

It's gud to have someone like you to remind us on such spiritual topics now and also is very useful for people like us who cannot get Tirupavai.

It is my pleasure to post amma's picture in ur thread n u really made me completely speechless with ur kind words....

Also many many thanks to translate it in English for all of us.....
    Please continue to post n we all hoping to read more from u every day ....
    Tej:wave

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2007
  3. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Dera Aishu,

Thanq so much for ur sweet words... All this credit goes to Varalotti sir...

Luv
    Thanq so much for ur FB.

4. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Dera Meena,

Than for ur FB. Let's all enjoy the picture of Aandal amma by reading Varalotti ji's nice presentation of Tirupavai....

Luv

5. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Dear Usha,

It's my pleasure to be a small part of this wonderful thread to read Varalotti sir's spiritual discussion regarding Aandal amma ....

Thanq very much ...

6. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Dear Vidya,

I am very glad that u all loved the picture of Aandal amma n I haven't expected such a great response from all these wonderful ladies....

All this credit goes to Varalotti sir n Induslady to give us an opportunity to express our feelings frankly in this ILite.....

Thanka alot...

7. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Beautiful verse indeed and your translation was superb. Just reading the original and the translation brought me deep sense of peace. Thank you for starting my thursday off to a good start.

Vandhana

Teja,

That was a beautiful picture of Andal, a feast for the eyes.

Vandhana

8. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Wonderful write up:2thumbsup: Enjoyed your translation,and thanks for posting the verses in English font. Have heard Andal stories from my mom when I was little and use to be mesmerised brought back memories. I think I missed the first Thiruppavai Sridhar will catch up from now on. May God be with you for this task Sridhar.

Teja-Thanks for the picture added more beauty to Sridhar's write up!!!!

Love,

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

I am inconsolable! I cannot see the Andal's picture posted by Tejudatla???
    Help:idontgetit:

L, Kamla

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear dear Sridhar,

Another beautiful effort by you.

Nothing comes from nothing
    Nothing ever could
    So somewhere in my youth or childhood
    I must have done something good

Yes, the above words from Sound of Music comes to my mind. I must have done something good that such good reading material beckons me to read and understand and learn and enjoy:)

You are picking select gems and offering them to us on a golden platter, lucky us. I think I am repeating myself, but I do so because these are the first words that come to me when I am reading the excerpts of Tamil literature which you so lovingly translate and explain. And I am able to devour it sitting right inside my home, no effort and no pain.

I did not miss your first post on Thiruppavai. But I did not want to read it in a hurry and comment in haste. I knew that it was something special and was keeping it for later. But you are quick and here is another stanza of Andal.
    The words mesmerise and are magical. Your translations, like Vidya says, makes it easier to understand and enjoy the words even more. Thank you is all I can say Varalotti. I am thrilled at my fortune.

You have done a great job of translating it into English. Even if one cannot understand or read Tamil, the English verse is good enough and brings the whole essence of the original to the reader.

Waiting for more and more....L, Kamla