1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Aamir Khan And Patriotism

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Thoughtful, Aug 25, 2022.

1. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

2. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

I didn't watch the entire video. But this is about LSC movie.
    I didn't watch this movie as I have already seen the original Tom hanks movie forest Gump.
    Aamir Khan acting looks very mechanical.

3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The crossed sword sleeve insignia is used by 4 Armies that I know of - India, Pakistan, USA and Great Britain. Not surprisingly all of these owe their origin to the British Army. In the case of India and Pakistan specifically this is a divisional insignia, meaning it is used by a specific division of the Army. In India, that happens to be the 10th Infantry Division. The 10th infantry division is stationed in J&K and participated in the Kargil war. I have not seen the movie but I understand Aamir Khan’s character participated in the Kargil War? If you look at the hilt of the swords, the grip of the swords on Aamir’s patch is different from the swords on the Pak Army insignia. The swords on Aamir’s patch have a curved grip with a finger protector, while the Pak Army one’s have a straight hilt. Plus the moon and star are also missing. The patch in the video looks much closer to the Indian one, than the Pak one.

The person in the video probably does not know that sleeve insignia’s correspond to the division or battalion where the soldier is stationed. Soldiers don’t wear generic army symbols. Every symbol tells you something about the soldiers' background, rank, training, combat experience and current posting. My dad wore different insignias depending on where he was posted.

Attached pictures of the sleeve insignia of the 10th infantry division of the Indian Army. Aamir seems to be wearing a version of this patch. Patch designs are updated periodically so depending on the decade the patch might look slightly different.

upload_2022-8-25_10-13-37.png

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
  4. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

Thank you for the clarification.