1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A working mother's confession

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by suni12tummala, Jan 8, 2010.

1. suni12tummala

suni12tummala New IL'ite

[FONT=Georgia, Verdana]Sorry!

Some days when I am busy and tied down
    I meet your smile with a frown

You want to tell me about your day
    I say, “Later”, and you go away

You want to show me something you made
    Wait, I say, and forget instead.

You want me to join in your songs and rhyme
    I say “Not now, I do not have time”

I convince myself I am doing my best
    By providing you with a cozy nest

I drown the guilt thinking time will stall
    Some day I will fulfill your dreams, big and small

But I know these moments will not last
    You are growing up so very fast

Tomorrow, when you spread your wings
    My hands will be empty, my eyes will sting

I will long for that innocent voice
    For the laughter, the frolic and the noise

For the precious secrets whispered in my ear
    For the petal-soft hands that held me near

For the pitter-patter of tiny feet
    For the loving hugs and the kisses sweet

I will have nothing left but memories few
    I will wish I had paused and spent time with you

Then you will be busy, I will be freeI too
    I hope that day, you will forgive me!

-------
    [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, Verdana]Nandita Shailesh Shanbhag, India [/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia, Verdana]
    I too feel the same, May be all working moms feel the same. We feel we are doing our best by giving them all comforts but what we are lacking is we are not sparing quality time with them, that is what they need love, affection and attention - Sunitha shakehead
    [/FONT]

2. mohantina

mohantina Senior IL'ite

u r very very right......as i am also a working mom...can't control my tears for my 4 yrs daughter..as i was reading ur poem..i was feeling that these r my inner feelings for my daughter...i also use these same words... wait, later...but really feels the same that..i am not giving the required quality time to my daughter.

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Suni

A very good poem in which you have nicely brought out the feelings of a working mother. I have also gone throught that phase now I am retired and have become grandmother now. I just want to tell all the working mothers that after coming home spend some time with your little one and make them. When they are below 5 years they need all your attention and these childhood days never come back again.
    Since I could not spend much time with my children when they were children I am enjoying every moment with my grandkid now.

love
    viji

4. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

wow
    thats an emotional and very touching poem suni12tummala
    so much truth in it
    i am a would be mom and i know i have to work even after having a baby
    i could imagine the plight

5. suni12tummala

suni12tummala New IL'ite

Ladies,

This poem is written by
    Nandita Shailesh Shanbhag, India

Today while surfing,
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Csunithag%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->[FONT=&quot]I was interpreting this poem and felt like sharing the intense message in it.

May be you all folks liked it

- SuniBhu1

[/FONT]

6. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Suni,
    Indeed a wonderful poem reveling the emotions of a working mother. So nice of you to confess the thing through this poem.
    As thousands of working mothers strive to help provide for the needs of their family, they are faced with all the household responsibilities too. And most importantly -- spending time with their kids.
    It has been a proven fact that children who have been with mother through their young years generally develop emotional strength. The ability to face life's challenges with self confidence and understanding are far greater.These are just a few things I have found help enormously. Calling and checking up on them through the day helps them to feel like you care. Have your kids do project to show you when you come home. When you are with them after work show a genuine interest in their school work, the projects they
    are doing, etc. I hope the best for you and your kid.
    with love
    pad

7. SupSam

SupSam Senior IL'ite

Wonderful and so very true ..... and I know all us working mothers realise this and most of the times try our best... but life's not easy at all :) All the best to all of us.... All these points help me stick to our decision of keeping to one kid...our princess so as at least I needn't have to share her part of time with anyone else...get all the more tired and frustrated and in future...have tears thinking of this poem :)

8. krv2009

krv2009 New IL'ite

A very beautfiul poem. Brought tears to my eyes. It reminds us to enjoy the few precious moments we have with our child for time is fleeting.

My stay at home mother regrets to this day that she could not spend time with her children due to family responsibilities. It seems as if this poem were written for her.

9. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

very emotive indeed.... lovely poem and thanx for sharing

10. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Very emotional and beautiful poem indeed.

Thanks for sharing with us.