A word of thanks to chitra maam.

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by crossiants, Oct 22, 2009.

1. SHASHU

SHASHU Bronze IL'ite

Dear Crossiants,

A "Big Bear Hug" to you,for starting this thread.....

also I second all the people's opinion here....:wink:

Also to dear Chitumaa....i had made "Vazhapu Pitlai' and it turned about to be awesome.

Luv

shashu

2. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Hello Chitra Mami,

Whenever i try your recipes they are par excellence. Never knew until i tried oats-lapsi upuma and oats- lapsi vegetable khicdi that oats and lapsi could be used in this lovely tasty way also. Nite dinner is Oats dosai. My Family Members are very happy that they are able to enjoy good healthy food unlike the old oats and lapsi kanji. I thank u ma from the bottom of my heart.
    Saw your lovely photo - the Hindu newspaper edition. You look radiant and a lovely inspiration to us all.

Parvathi.

3. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

There are no words to talk about chitvish ..

she is amazing ....

I had a wonderful oppurtunity to meet her...

prabha

4. dblakshmi

dblakshmi Junior IL'ite

has this happened to you?

Dear Chitra mam,
    Everyday I cannot resist myself seeing recipes, tips, rasam, kuzhambu, tiffins, cakes and I am kind of obsessed with this to say. I am doing things like how can not miss this? why should i waste time, i can learn a few things. I am making my copy of your recipes as if it is not going to be available from tomorrow.
    What a list? A very very big thanks will not be sufficient enough to express. I have introduced couple of my friends to dig in the treasure. I ponder upon why haven't i seen this before and feel happy having known you, mobile cookery wikipedia.
    I hv something interesting to share with you. Me and DH are from Madurai, the fame Therku masi veedi. In my inlaws house Upma is considered the least chosen and made once in a blue moon and was eaten reluctantly. I am crazy about this Upma, this is a delicacy to me. I have tried many times to succeed making a decent Upma but in vain. I followed verbatim of your recipe and my DH enjoyed eating this. My God, what is happening? I called my MIL to tell that your son had Upma. I called my Mom to say your SIL had Upma. I was so happy. I would have called you also if i had your no. DH said I will eat upma if it is like this. Kodi Punniyum ungalukku.
    I told DH I tried Chitra Mami's recipe. She is also from Madurai. He said so proudly 'no wonder this tastes so good, Mami is from Madurai'. Beetroot Thogayal is a bit hit. By just taking a bit, he asked ' is this chitra mami's recipe?' I am going to try all your Oats range of recipes.
    I am starting a "Chitra Mami Fan Club'. My DH did put a question seeing my food and recipe search, 'Will you be like Chitra Mami someday?'. Whom does he want to compare me with? In tamil they say' Eni vachaalum etta mudiyaada edathula' stays Chitra Mami and where am I? But for sure this has sown a seed in me. You are an ocean, I derive inspiration from your blogs. I was disappointed when you bid adieu to blogging but considering your health reasons we respect your decision.
    But do give us some tiny titbits of wisdom whenever time and your health permits.
    With lots of love
    Lakshmi

5. scorpiogal

scorpiogal Senior IL'ite

Re: has this happened to you?

Hi Lakshmi

Please join me in the fan club .I too love her recipes and loved maduari masala kizangu and mysore bisibela .my DH loves bisi bela so much but I never got the bangalore taste that he wanted and finally after my search i just exactly followed her instructions and came out beatutifully .And ofcourse I am born and raised from MDU too

6. rnp1112

rnp1112 Bronze IL'ite

Hello Mam..

I am a visitor to this site since few days and today only came across your receipes section .. oh .. i was so surprised.. you are really amazing and rich with knowledge ..

I am really fond of cooking so i really thank you from the bottom of my heart for your writinga.

Thanks so muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Dear Mami,
    You may remember me from a late night visit last year with my MIL, husband and daughter.
    I am lost in the forums and didnt know where to ask this.

How to handle men who love outside food more. Over 3 years of my married life, I have learned to cook variety vegetarian foods. I follow everyone starting from you, sanjeev kapoor, vahrevah and Tarla dalal. Balaji loves my food thankfully, but he still enjoys eating out every week.

When we are on vacation in India, he is outside completely, he even loves train foods. I thought of buying different serve wares to create variety. As far as menu is concerned I make international foods as well.
    He says that I still cannot cook like the hotels do.

I know we all need change of taste, but I feel we go out more often than other families. Not good for health and not good for wallet..hehe
    Waiting to hear from you.

Thanks in advance for the tips.

8. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

Dear chitra,
    :bowdownThanks is a small word. You are my baking guru I have learnt baking only through your recipes anyway i have to go a long way. Iam really thankful to all your recipes .
    love,
    latha

9. roshnanarayan

roshnanarayan New IL'ite

:thankyou2:Chitra maam for all the efforts you take for sharing your culinary skills for people like me who unfortunately never had the opportunity to learn it from elders in the family. wishing that let God bless you with all the good health and prosperity in life. Your posts are helping me a lot.
    with regards

10. ssdonkar

ssdonkar Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitramma,

I am big fan of your recipes .I want thank you from bottom of my heart keep posting .....

Aaditi S