1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Voyage into the Unknown

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jun 29, 2011.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Re: A Voyage into the Unknown - Part 3

Thanks so much Kanaka. :) Am glad that your daughter also liked it.

2. satchitananda

Very true Mindi. We were very protected and India too was not so westernized technologically or culturally. So all our information came from books which were written by authors in the earlier of middle part of the century. So the cultural shock was tremendous. Truly, that visit completely changed my life and me as a person.

3. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Satchi dear good post and I felt as if I was also there with you, as you have mentioned each and every stage of your experience and it will be a guide to the others who will be newly going to UK. As Mindi has mentioned after so many years you still remember each and everything. Every post of yours makes me feel that it should be nominated and also published. All the best to you dear. Let God give your good health so that we can enjoy more of your writings. It requires lot of patience and talent to write such good articles. May God bless you.

Sad that you had to go through some difficulties but in a way good that you learnt so much from your experience and in turn we also learnt from your post how it will be when we go to a different country that too far away from our home town. This shows that you are a courageous person and can handle any situation with will power.

4. satchitananda

Thanks a lot Vijima for your kind words and heartfelt appreciation. It is your genuine love and good wishes that is a great moral support and encourages me to keep writing. I see that you have nominated the post. That is really very sweet of you Vijima. Thanks once again. :)

5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Lovely Satchi!
    For those few minutes I lived in England through you! It is a finest example of a fabulous narration and you have made me wistful too!
    Enjoyed every minute of your first days and looking forward to more!

6. forgiven10

forgiven10 Silver IL'ite

Thoroughly enjoyed the narration and was enthralled by the thrill therein.

I loved the little tidbits about the yellow conjugated thingies, the PAD lady with a unique sense of humor (give me all your money honey:hide:) and believe me, I so wanted to come care for you during your car sickness....I was sitting in front of my comp finding myself profusely sympathizing and at the end when you not only survived but emerged victorious in going through those 4.5 yrs, I breathed a sigh of relief and threw an expression of bravo! :thumbsup

Thanks for sharing, loved it. :)

Regards,
    Forgiven

7. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Dear Satchi,

Beautifully narrated snippets of yours. Enjoyed reading it very much. the moments you experienced each and every stage was really hilarious. Totally agree with vijima, a guidance for others who are new to UK....You are a talented writer and hope to see more from you...:thumbsup:cheers

Shanti

8. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Satchi
    Eagerly awaiting the next part,the first forum I opened was this.

9. satchitananda

Thanks a lot Kamala for the feedback. Certainly shall follow up with more.

10. satchitananda

Thanks Forgiven for reading my narration with such involvement and for the empathy. I am really touched to know that you felt yourself part of the scene. I see you live in Iceland. I am really curious about the place and would love to know something about it and life there.