A Visit to Tirumala Thirupathi

Discussion in 'Travel' started by ish_nalini, Nov 17, 2007.

1. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

"Thirumala Thirupathi" ,I can feel a holy spirit and ecstatic when i spell this word.I used to visit thirupathi once in a year.When I reach the boundry of Andhra Pradesh I feel sacred ,Its awesome to relish that moment.We dont have the habit of arranging private vehicle for the journey,we our family used to go by bus.On the journey most of them travelling in the bus were to reach the temple, So i can hear "Govinda Govinda"a loud from the moment when the bus starts...When we reach the keezh thirupathi(On the way to Thirupathi) people feel more devotional.Its time for a rider,yes!!! to reach Thirupathi we have to travel through mountainous path and few hair pin bends.When I was in my childhood I am scared to look out of the bus ,I am trembled:shaking: when I was forced to see the bottomless crevasse after I grewup the journey become a wonderful sight seeing place .Like adding a feather to a cap, the weather makes the journey a perfect one!.Still I hear the sounds saying "Govindha Govindha"...As soon as we reached the Tirupathi I felt a cool breeze passed awayChillout!.We lodged over there in a cottage and we were provided with the tickets tied in our wrists.It was our time to go for shopping.We haven't missed once to shop in thiripathi,though we have plenty of goods in our place,we feel some what good when we purchased over there..When we walk on the pavement nearby the shops,we can feast our ears with M.S.Subulakshmi's "Kousalya subrabaatham" and famous "Govindha hare Govindha venkata ramana Govindha" beats...On the shops they will sell Lord Vishnu's dollars,framed photo's,key chains,the most buying "Thirupathi kayir",etc.The next day morning we were started standing on the queue,we were standing ,we were still standing,we stood( this is not typo error ,I express the crucial period of the visit)...Really Lord test all my patience at that moment.We would grind our teeth and move like a snail:eek:mg:.If we dont reserve first ,then we were forced to watch those old Ramaayana'a and Mahabharathaa'a .Since I know telugu I anyhow manage to understand those conversations in TV.I feel pity for all the other poor people who don't know telugu...I myself tried to be a reasearcher when I watch all those letters engraves on the old stones.Atlast when we reached the entrance I would forget all my tiredness and restless feelings....I hear a different sound "Edugundala vaada venkataramana Govindha Govindha".newly added lyrics....:wow,Wonderful!!!Amazing!!!fabulous!!!Splendid!!!.We were in the devasthanam that time ,I saw the Lord who rules!!!Who rocks!!! I felt goosebumps in my body...I saw the lord decorated with beautiful garlands and jewels,a big Naamam adds more beauty for him,He has a surpassing beauty.I saw a tejas on his face.He become my all time hero.People doesn't allow me to feel those moments for some time ,I hear them saying "jarugandi jarugandi".I feel jealous of those men standing always nearby Mr.venky..Hmm dharisanam over ,what would be the next feast is???Any guesses??Yes it was rather than our big Ladooo...I will starve to eat those Ladoos..I feel some miracle mixed in those ladoos..Please IL's if anyone know that formula post it on recipe corner..Then we put some money in Mr.Veky's bank and tried to solve his debts owed from Mr.Guberan..Atlast its time for us to pack up..We sat for a while and enjoy the mamooth GOLDEN TEMPLE...!!!

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Nalini for your wonderful narration of your trip to "Thirumalai Thirupathi". I felt as if I was with you all through your journey.
    Me too waiting for the recipe of 'Thirupathi Laddoo' eventhough ordinary ladoo is out of my control, never mind!

sriniketan

3. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Dear Srini,
    So nice of you...Really you enjoyed the trip?..thats great!!!...Thanks for your comments....

4. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

dear nalini,
    I enjoyed coming on the trip with you and seeing the lord. Thirupathi is one of my favorite temples. Next time try walking up from kizhthirupathi. That is a whole different experience.

I think laddoo recipe is a closely guarded secret.

5. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Dear Vandhana,

I am happy to hear that we have same option about temples.. thirupathi is my fav too.I haven't tried walking from the kizhthirupathi ,after hear from you let me try it once!!!

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Nalini
    i feel so elated reading your narration. It is one of my favorite temples. Walking from kizhthirupathi is an experince. The last time I was there approx 8 or so yrs ago I did anga pradakshinam. loved it. I unfortunately cannot go to my fav temples every year so God has sent you to write for me. Thanks. Apart from the laddo what I really like is the adai (i think thats what its called ) black in color then thayir sadam. then only lado in this order. Really like that black adai. when you hunt for recipes keep in mind my adai. Thanks for this blog Keep blogin.....

7. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear Nalini,
    Nice write up yaar. As I have always visualize whatever I read, I visualized along with your blog and had a good darshan too.

But you know what I hate those Jarugandis too. I really wonder why? about one particular thing. It is said that if and only if Perumal koopita thaan namma poi avara darisanam panna mudiyum. Some people are called every now and then or atleast every year to visit him. When we had been to Tirupathi last time, it was in the year 2002, we went to Tirupathi, we lodged, everything went off well, but we didnot get a chance to have a darshan of him :cry: as we didnot get the tickets promised by one of the influencial person. But that time we got a chance to visit various other places in Tirupati which we normally dont do. The stone arch, the vishu paadam etc.

Waiting for Perumal's call to visit Tirupathi and have a good Darshan of him.

8. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Hi AnandChitra,

I am happy that my wonderful experience made you to feel the same.I don't know much about "adai" what you said,but I tasted the delecious Thayir saatha,puliyotharai,ven pongala and elumichai saatham provided at the other end of the queue...That really satisfies my taste buds...

9. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Dear Rajmi Akka,
    We our family felt the same situation when we went for Thirupathi.since it was an tragedy I dont wanna add it in the blog...We stood on the queue.a pedastrians who crossed us were conversed that the dharishanam can be viewed only after 2 days..Since my dad had an important schedule,we make a move and reached our place.Really that was an unexpected experience..There after we were very carefull in reserving tickets in prior...

10. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Nalini, that was a nice writeup... Yes it was nice to travel by bus and walk from kezhthirupathi... I have done that lot of times... I still remember one experience... Which i felt is really wonderful, and such an experience I never had either before or afterwards... Me and my friend started off to Thirupathi in the bus and reached KT around 6.30... We had a coffee and started walking and reached MT ar round 8.30... We thought we will get into the queue and then think of something to eat.... But to our surprise, we completed the dharshan in 30 mnts... Can you think of it... Also, that free prasadh was hands full to quest our hunger... After that we dont know what to do... Then we said, ok, we will have one more Dharshan... Since the sannidhi will be closed around mid night we can stay in the que and have the first dharshan of the morning.... But also, our second trip to was even quicker that the first... On both occasions we had a undisturbed (Jargandee) dharshan of full 10 mnts.... Then we thought... Bhagavan has given us good dharshan, so we have to go back... so we went to the Bus terminal... The last bus has left.... But then after 30 mnts, the bus which was going to the shed down below, took pity on us and brought us down... At 2.0 early morning we were waiting for the bus to chennai and got it only at 7.00 and reached chennai at 11.00... The entire trip was less than 24 hrs...
    I think that trip, GOD took care of us... After that I wold have gone atleast 25+ times... I never had such an enchanting one... We enjoyed it... Will try to enjoy the same with my kids next time...

I thought it is Mr.Guberan, from whom Mr. Venky took the loan...