1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Virus Inside The Heart!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, May 9, 2011.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Akila,
    When Edison invented the bulb after several months of hard work he asked one of his assistants to carry the bulb to the next room. The assistant dropped the bulb it was broken. It took several days for him to make another bulb. But this time he gave the bulb to the same assistant to be carried. The man never dropped anything in life thereafter.
    thanks a lot for the kind compliments you paid to my writing
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Thanks a lot rgs for coming in. Thanks for the nice words,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Dear Jans,
    thanks for stepping in. And for the kind words,
    regards,
    sridhar uncle

4. varalotti

Oh dear, did I make you cry with my story.. but these tears are good for our soul
    You are right. We are so afraid of the virus that we throw out the entire system.
    sridhar

5. varalotti

Thanks a lot rasasen.
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Dear Satchi,
    thanks for coming in. I enjoyed the true story oxymoron quote.
    You are right. The engineer belongs to a highly endangered species.
    I also read with concern your note of caution. And thanks a lot for that.

None of the solutions we have for our life's problems are universal. The same engineer did terminate another guy who worked for him when he started swindling money from customers by suppressing the billing amount.

He had an intuition that in this case - especially in the case of a twenty plus motherless young boy almost abandoned by his father - the solution will work.

I will suggest that we should be guided by our heart. It will show us the right way if only we cared to ask it.

thanks once again,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Bhargavi,
    thanks. Meeting the person later in the day was a kind of life-affirming experience for me.

I think that is in his very nature. I know him right from the day we brought our first computer in 1992. At that time he was the service engineer for a large company from whom we brought the computer. Then he quit and set up his business. We have been sourcing all our computer needs through him.

One approach I like about him is that he won't let me waste money. The other day when my mouse did not work and I was resigned to go in for a new mouse, he cleaned it and gave it to me. It worked.
    When I wanted to change my laptop he studied the market and advised me to wait so that I can get a more powerful system at a cheaper price.

And when we both have time we used to discuss a lot of spiritual issues as well.

I am afraid that slowly we are losing our capacity to trust our fellow beings. An incident like this should reinforce our trust.
    thanks once again, sis.
    sridhar

8. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

I am back in full form and the first post i read was yours.. yipee..:banana

another pp post.

another fantastic post. I have to pull out my book of adjectives to search for new words to adorn you with.

It was beautiful sir.

The engineer was one damn good man. I don't know if I could be that forgiving and loving but how fantastic it would be if each and every one of us were like that.
    ha...dreams...dreams..

Your posts always invoke some kind of dream in me.

Well let me take this as a inspiration and try to be like the soft heart-ed hardware engineer.
    The problem is I am a hard heart-ed software engineer:bonk

Good one sir..
    enjoyed every bit.
    It's nice to be back.

PS: I know I am pushing my luck too much but still.. I am writing a serial in the stories section. It is a science fiction in English.
    I would be delighted to have your presence in the thread.

I know i am adding more burden to your life..but i can't help asking:biggrin2:

9. NithinSrinivas

NithinSrinivas Senior IL'ite

Thanks Varalotti Sir for such a wonderful blog..the trust he had on the boy has lightened up his entire life...

10. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    That was a very touching real life incident and to provide authenticity, you also mentioned about your engineer friend in whose life it really happened. First, my whole-hearted praise and prayers for a beautiful and long life to such a wonderful man who is a standing example of compassion.......and second, my congratulations to you too for bringing out this incident in a story form so that we could get a glimpse into the life of such good souls in our own times.
    Love
    Malathi