1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Victim of Murphy's Law!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iswaryadevi, Nov 1, 2010.

1. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

My life has always been screwed up thanks to Murphy’s Law. Let me start from my childhood. The very first incident I remember is standing at a bus stand with my mom, waiting for our bus 4C which takes us to my grandma’s house. There will be lots of 4C buses coming, but in the opposite direction. We will be standing for what seems to be like hours, but in the opposite side some times even two 4C buses will go back to back, annoying me totally. :rant

Hey there! Any one of you suffering from severe droughts in your city. Stop worrying and invite me to your house. When ever I step out of my house to do some shopping, there will be a heavy rainfall. Bigger the budget, heavier the rain. But some times when I expect it to rain and take my umbrella, the sun will shine at its brightest. :bonk

Next incident I remember is waiting in queues. Which ever queue I stand in will be the slowest moving one. If I swap places with some generous person from the next queue, immediately the new one would become the slowest and the previous queue would now start moving at an alarmingly fast speed. :bang

Last but not the least, I need to tell about my experience as a programmer. My application always works perfectly well provided it runs in my system. If I run it in a demo system, it would not work as expected and all the minor bugs will start showing up. When run in a pre-production server, it will show all the major bugs. But I will fix all the bugs and happily release the bug-free final version. And once I run it in the production server, my application would crash the entire system. :bangcomp:

Any one as unfortunate as me??

sindmani and peddadas like this.

2. videsha

videsha New IL'ite

Hahaha...superb!!! You are definitely not alone!!!

3. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Ice

Hilarious Blog!

I guess everybody will be a victim to Murphy's Law in one time or another!

4. iswaryadevi

Dear videsha and AbhiSing,

Thanks a lot for dropping in :)

5. Ramavyasarajan

Ramavyasarajan Silver IL'ite

Iswarya, Except the 4th one I have experienced all the three. Why not last means I am not a programmer.

But one thing Iswarya, On my experience I found that unknowingly we have developed inferiority complex in our inner self and that is the fact for the negatives we face. It is my case. I do not know what is yours.

Ramavyasarajan

6. iswaryadevi

I agree with you rama...Not only for you or me, it is same for every one...If one wants to succeed, he/she should first believe that they could do it...

Thanks a lot for dropping in :)

sindmani likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ice

Count me too. Me and my dh when we are in the bus stop all other buses will go except our bus. Twice we had gone to chembur and all the time we got bus late. I was telling my dh once when we were standing for bus in the afternoon that the bus will come in the evening only.
    Even for sometimes we dont get train also in time in Bombay when we had to travel by train for some places.

love
    viji

sindmani likes this.
  8. iswaryadevi

Dear viji aunty,

hmm...What to do?? All in the game!! :)

Thanks a lot for dropping in...

9. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

hahah!........ I guess I need to now say "Welcome aboard Ice!"

You need to visit here please as we need the rains. I am happy to take you around shopping too.

10. iswaryadevi

Thank you very much knot2share for dropping in... :)