1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A very heart-broken soul..beyond repair

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by juliana123, Jan 12, 2010.

1. juliana123

juliana123 New IL'ite

It is roughly 20 months since coming to the US, thought that I would always be occupied as I was back home, but things are not working out as planned, recently changed to another visa status, sounds exciting...no..not all it is a shift from F2 to H4. People ask me, don't you have an option of studying ???
    yeah..but not very interested in studies, I mean no genuine interest, as I already worked for a year in India, would love to take up a job. Depending on the husband makes me feel irritated at times because at present we don't have kids, simply trying to pretend that I am a proud homemaker, washing dishes, grocery shopping n doing the regular house work does not earn one bit of respect from my beloved husband, I personally feel things have changed. Not sure if these kinda emotions are common to people sitting at home with no kids, did I say...yeah of course I do volunteer at a local hospital ( though that is of no use to carrer ) it is only talking to patients, co-ordinating appointment with various hospital staff. Having so much time in hand, also makes me to worry a lot, especially thinking about the almost 2 years gap in the resume, as I don't have a valid reason say something like raising a kid or being in the family way. To be honest I initially enjoyed staying at home, but gradually I turned to browsing the internet, watching you tube desi movies, doing nothing in total.
    This does not seem like a blog ...I can hear you cursing me for these rantings. Hoping that this year 2010 has something coming up for me...That is all I can say for now. Till my next blog. I promise that it would not be a long rant like this..

2. Manjukris

Manjukris New IL'ite

Same situation as mine only difference is i have kids.

3. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Hi Juliana, ( Must say a beautiful name)

First of all, don't criticize yourself for anything.. Life comes with its own set of problems and opportunities.. Its been 20 months. You must have been adjusted to the changed culture.. Why don't you speak to your DH regarding this..If he is concerned about you, he'll listen. Tell him what you feel sitting at home without any job.. I wish he understands.. You see, communication finds the solutions many a times..

All the best dear..

4. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Look around and you will find many like you. There is no point in being sad, enjoy life as it comes to you. For a 2 year gap in your resume, tell the interviewer about your visa status and we all know what H4 is. If you have any hobbies join the classes. There must be something that you always wanted to do but never had the time, may be this is life's way of telling you that now you have ample to do what you like.

Volunteering is good, be a cheer volunteer, make sure that patients miss you. Be the sunshine and spread the sunshine.

5. tetania

tetania New IL'ite

My God! what a waste of time
    There is so much you can learn there
    I'm sure you can go for some classes
    My daughter finished Psychology in U of Houston with Flying colors but is going on to become a pastry chef..
    Don't procrastinate but do something please
    Tetania

6. juliana123

juliana123 New IL'ite

Hi Manjukris, Deepali, Shivachoubey & Tetania,
    Thanks for stopping by and posting your comments, I really appreciate them.
    Juliana.