1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A valuable lesson-Aghast experience

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by gayathrivijay12, Nov 23, 2012.

1. gayathrivijay12

gayathrivijay12 Gold IL'ite

Well I was rolling over the floor not laughing but crying and that turned me and my life topsy turvey! :rotfl
    I had been to my college for my convocation ceremony :cheers. I was extremely ecstatic, excited, thrilled and what not! I was happiness personified but unfortunately it did not last long. As soon as we friends met in the college entrance we ran and hugged each other so tight with that 1000 watt smiles on our faces and forgot what we are supposed to be. (‘the so called professionals’). Me being the most conspicuous one when it comes to expressing emotions After hanging out together we all returned back to my college guest house late that night. I was with my friend’s family and my parents were supposed to join me the next day. We chatted for a while and went back to sleep.
    I was all fine and dozed off in a matter of seconds.:oops: But suddenly I felt a mild pain in my stomach that gradually started picking up momentum. Initially I brushed it aside thinking it might be that regular problem. But though the pain was similar it was growing intense as time went by and I was no longer able to sleep. It became grave while I started fainting pleading my friend to take me to the hospital. It was past midnight and I was taken to emergency care centre in one of the most famous hospitals. There was one house surgeon who was assisted by two nurses. He diagnosed that it was normal food poisoning and gave me some pain killer injections. The pain subsided and we went back to our rooms. But within a matter of minutes again the pain started and it was still more severe. I was crying profusely and thought that this was the last day in my life.:drowning I was carried in an ambulance to the same hospital and seeing the seriousness of the situation a senior doctor was summoned. He immediately ruled out that it was due to food poisoning and even was unsure. I was shifted to the surgical ICU as my BP was dipping, and I was losing my consciousness. But still I was able to feel what was happening around me..My friend was crying very badly. Her father had called up up parents who were still in the train on their way to attend my convocation…After that I was blank. I woke up the next day and the first thing I saw was my teary eyed parents. Coincidentally it was their wedding anniversary and I feebly lifted my hands took off the nebulizer and wished them. My mom started crying like a baby saying” No couple would ever want their anniversary to be this way’. I was taken to the chief doctor who carefully studied all my reports and zeroed it off finally…It is ‘Kidney stones’..She has got 3mm sized stones in her ureter and the bladder as well..She had been brave enough to come here at the right time for this pain is considered to be worser than labour pain at the time of child birth’. I ll put you on some medication and you ll be needing to undergo a laser treatment or a surgery as sooner as possible. We explained our purpose of visit to this place and he immediately told ‘ I understand how important it is too attend one’s convocation especially when you are a meritorious student. But how will you manage?’. I slowly yelled with confidence’ Pl give me some pain killers since I am much better now’. In the next 20 minutes I was in the taxi heading towards my college..I looked as if I was terminally ill & was too feeble to even walk but I kept on telling to myself that I would be fine.. At last task accomplished..The program was over and we started back home…Why should I share this with you? To let you know some so called silly things which are never meant to be silly. It can actually change the course of life.

1) Drink enough water. Atleast three bottles a day & also have a balanced diet
    2) Use washroom at regular intervals. It might be untidy but still
    3) Non compliance of points 1 & 2 made me undergo all this unprecedented pain for kidney stones are nothing but crystallization of accumulated urea & uric acids that should ve been excreted outside.
    4) When its an emergency don’t keep guessing but instead visit the nearest hospital for proper diagnosis. Get into action
    5) Don’t take your health for granted. Only when it is lost you know its value. I lost 8 odd kgs & was looking like a famished soul. It took 2 long months for me to recover completely.:notthatway:
    6) Think twice, thrice or thousand times before you act when a doctor says that a surgery/ laser treatment ought to be done. We have our sixth sense. First analyze whether it is really required or not. Kidney stones are definitely not a life threatening ailment. We requested the doctor to postpond the surgery for a month and I was put on a very strict diet by my family. ‘The miracle medicine’ Plantain pith saved me… Two glasses of plantain pith juice loaded with plenty of water did the job. After one month we took a CT scan and there was nothing in my kidney and bladder & doctor termed that miraculous!:eek:mg:
    7) Have faith and be confident of your self. Our thought process and determination have a great implication on our recovery.
    8) Believe in miracles. It does happen. Healing was not the only miracle. This hardship period showed me my real loved ones who took care of me day and night selflessly. This taught me the habit of expressing gratitude & love.
    9) Last but not the least celebrate and respect your parents. Obey, Listen to what they say. Without their support and love I would not ve recovered this swiftly.:bowdown

So this experience turned out to be a really valuable & painful lesson..Thanks to my destiny:).

16 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Gayathri dear very touching post. True miracles happen. Good you could attend the Convocation.

Last but not the least celebrate and respect your parents. Obey, Listen to what they say. Without their support and love I would not ve recovered this swiftly.

Very true dear

Every test in our life makes us Bitter or Better. Every problem comes to make us or break us. Choice is our’s whether we become Victim or Victor.

—-

1 person likes this.
  3. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Gayathri,
    That must have been terrible dear.....glad that you are fine now.
    The post gently prods us to reevaluate our lifestyle and make healthy changes.
    Thanks for sharing.....:)

4 people like this.
  4. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

This was painful experience for you.. You are so brave to manage all..
    You must care for you health regardless of how unhygienic the place is... i too dont like to visit the loo outside..

1 person likes this.
  5. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Very glad that you are alright now. How scary it must have been to your parents.

Very good tips.

1 person likes this.
  6. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Oh my God!!! It takes a very brave heart and mind to survive the pain gayathri. Happy to now you are recovered without surgery and i must appreciate you for attending convocation and believing it in taking slowly without rushing to surgery. Very very few of us would even think of postponing the surgery. You are really one brave soul.

And thanks for sharing this experience here. I do drink lots of water, will continue doing that. Take care of health and celebrate life.

1 person likes this.
  7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hi Gayathri,

Welcome back and good to see you. :) glad that you have recovered now. Please take care dear as you are still very young.a good reminder to all of us to pause a while and take a look at our (un)healthy habits :)

1 person likes this.
  8. gayathrivijay12

Dear Viji maam,
    Thank you so much for your first fb....Though I was too sick still god gave me the strength to make it happen:)

1 person likes this.
  9. gayathrivijay12

Dear knbg,

Without a terrible experience we are not going to change our lifestyle...This nightmare of mine just made a conscious alarm inside my mind which rings daily and forces me to drink enough water:)
    Thank you for stepping in:)

10. gayathrivijay12

Hi padma,
    That was the biggest mistake of mine...Washrooms outside in public places are not at all clean but still we should use it...No other go else we ll pay for it:( THank you for stepping in:)