A vacation - all by myself!

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Mythraeyi, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hi Malathy,

do try it once - it is fun!

2. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Wow!!! Admire you for the nerves to go to an unknown country all by yourself for vacationJ Looking forward for your Singapore travelogue.

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mythraeyi,

It took a nomination of this post to the FP forum for me to at last read this most interesting account of travel from you.

First of all, let me congratulate you on getting nominated, that inspite of your post being a few months old. This confirms the fact that if interesting, a contribution from a member will never be forgotten and lost in IL!

I do applaud you for a bold decision taken so early in your life. It is common for youngsters in the west to go for a backpack holiday just to discover new venues and discover themselves thus. It is less common in India and much less for a young Indian girl. You deserve a special applause for the same.

I am sure that you won a lot of self confidence by venturing into such a holiday. I have led a most sheltered life, if I may say so. It is very difficult to break from the bonds I have built myself and go away all alone. But, I can imagine it being very liberating. Hats off to you.

L, Kamla

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  4. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Thanks Kamala.

I would also like to thank sharmili for nominating this post for finest post in Nov. I was away on vacation and did not see it till today. sorry for the belated reply!

5. skchivukula

skchivukula Bronze IL'ite

hi mythraeyi
    really its very adventurous and thrilling
    Hats off to you

6. vvanand

vvanand Senior IL'ite

Wow that is really cool........going on a vacation on your own......Would like to do it sometime......I don't know if it is ever possible now...

Good write up.