1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A typical case study!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Very interesting case study, Cheeniya sir. In my case it all depends on the age (mental:)).

In my twenties I would have refused my dinner and burst into tears after coming home. In my thirties taken it out on my poor unsuspecting hubby and now in my calm and composed forties will prefer to be alone for a few minutes, look out of the balcony, take a few deep breaths and accept the day as it turned out.
    That we have no right to hurt anyone else at any point of time in our lives should be drilled into a child. (If it does not come as an inborn trait, that is)

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Mindi
    You are absolutely right about our attitudinal changes as we grow older. You get angry or upset only as long as it has any effect on others. When I was a young kid, I used to make it hell for my mum if she refused to yield to any of my demands until she had no other option but to yield. I found that this strategy paid off only up to a certain age. For the next two decades, I let people know of my displeasure with a long face and mumbling to myself. Even this lost its impact after I reached 60. Now nobody notices my protests even if I stand on my head! Inevitably, I have now become a seasoned philosopher and along with the site's 'numero uno' started telling every one 'Que sera sera'!
    Sri

3. PriyaKat

PriyaKat Silver IL'ite

That explains the rash of nasty comments contaminating many networks ! So, the world is full of oppressed subalterns and wronged people and everyone is taking it out on everybody else ! And here I was thinking, only badly brought up, delinquent brats wrote such things . :)

That aside, did you watch the sweet little song video that went viral on the Net last month , about how kindness is infectious and what is given, comes around ? The same dynamic may work in the negative too. Exponentially. And then we will not be living in a pretty world . :-(

4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Priya
    I have spent considerable time researching polluting remarks in networks. I became close to some of them who were always spitting venom in networks and to my great surprise found them to be jolly good people, friendly and helpful too. But some hidden pressure deep inside them was making them write all those nasty comments in forums where total anonymity was assured for them. Their main problem is that they are too timid to take it out on any known friend or relative. Networks are a kind of 'pressure buster' for them!

I haven't watched that video. Can you give me a link or the title of the song? But then haven't we been told from generation to generation that we reap what we sow? Sow the wind and reap the whirlwind etc? I am all for spreading love and kindness and a bit of humour too if possible.
    Sri

5. PriyaKat

PriyaKat Silver IL'ite

The name of the video is " Kindness Boomerang (One Day)" made by an organisation called " Life Vest Inside" . The whole song is in one continuous shot , to convey the idea of how one single act of kindness can spread throughout a community, as though by osmosis. ( it is currently unavailable on YouTube)

Alternate Link :

Kindness Boomerang Video - KillSomeTime.com

Do look up " Life Vest Inside" on Wiki. Its interesting.