1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A typical case study!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri,

That was a great article... I kept on laughing for a long time... It reminds me of something happened in one of the facories I worked...

The General manager fired the Prodn Manager for the factory maintanence and some other issues... The production manager called the maintanence supervisor and fired him for non-performance and other desciplinary things. The Chaloo supervisor got angry... He couldnt fire back at the Manager... So, he goes and takes it on the machine... He simply removes a nut and bolt... Exactly after 45 mnts, the machine got struck and the factory has come to a stand still... The production supervisor, very coolly started checking the whole machine, inspite of knowing exactly what the problem is... 1hr, 2 hrs... Couldnt find why the machine is struck... then the PMgr was under tremendous pressure... due to labour time loss, sales loss etc. Then he has to plead the supervisor to do something... After full 4 hours, he fixed the bolt and then the machine started working.... Later the PM, understood the reason... But he was helpless, because the supervisor know inside out of the machinery and any issues, it takes time to fully chack and inspect... He then stopped passing on the buck act...

I dont believe in passing on the firings... Yes, it is my bad day, I took all the beatings... So I go back into my room and keep silent for some time...
    or go to net and read or watch some nice movie... Fretting and brooding is not going to help... (Though i tell this, Shan will ask me, when u come upset from office, the whole house becomes silent and tensed, including the kids)...

Though taking it on some unknown person on the nett, is little .....:spin:spin:spin...

It reminds me of Thirukkural... Sellum idathu sinam kakka.... There is no point in venting out our anger, were people are not going to react and understand your frustration....

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Veda
    A good point well made! I too dont believe in passing the buck as the buck will have to stop somewhere and might boomerang from there as in the incident narrated by you.

Here is a lovely poem by a blogger, Don Iannone:

Why does your voice bark anger at the world
    while sitting in golden morning sunlight?
    What atrocities have your eyes witnessed,
    haunting your soul,
    causing your every utterance to cloud the sun,
    foment the peace lingering in the air, and
    rape fledgling flowers of their innocence?
    If I could take it all away, I would,
    leaving just the hushing waves washing over you,
    carrying your hurt and anger far out to sea.
    If I could, I’d kiss away the bark from your lips,
    leaving only a sweet trusting smile lasting a lifetime.

Sri

3. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri,

That was a nice poem... Thanks....

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir
    This is a nice intro into the world of blogs and replies to blogs and comments in general. You have so nicely pointed out what anonymity does to one. Irrespective of it being a blog site or kitchen or someelse's computer I am sure more than one sneaky way can be detected. Your write up slowly built the tempo so I could not wait to see what was going to happen.

5. Cheeniya

Dear AC
    Even the best of writers can draw flak at times and I wrote this case study to tell the budding writers not to get put off by such adverse remarks. Such remarks may not be entirely due to the quality of our writing as I had pointed out in my case study.
    When we are in a good mood, we are very indulgent towards all the mischif of our kids but the same pranks of the kids irritate us no end when we are in a foul mood! This is just like that.
    Once we learn to accept bouquets and brick bats alike, there will be no occasion for us to get worked up.
    Sri

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

[
    Once we learn to accept bouquets and brick bats alike, there will be no occasion for us to get worked up.
    Sri[/quote]

Dear Sri,
    Yes, you are right. I wish that I should strive to attain the mentality, 'PoRRuvar poRRAlum thuRRUvar thuRRAlum ellam antha Kannanukke" But still a long way to go. Hope that I will succeed in my endeavour some day.
    Regards,
    Pushpavalli

7. Cheeniya

Dear Sri,
    Yes, you are right. I wish that I should strive to attain the mentality, 'PoRRuvar poRRAlum thuRRUvar thuRRAlum ellam antha Kannanukke" But still a long way to go. Hope that I will succeed in my endeavour some day.
    Regards,
    Pushpavalli[/quote]

Dear PS
    I admire your candid admission. It is difficult to attain that stage when nothing will disturb us but the fact that you have taken your step in that direction is itself enough
    Sri

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Very nice article, Cheeniya Sir, as my day is like that today, continued from yesterday. :spin
    What do you expect me to have, when you have to deal with 2 teenagers at home.
    You cannot vent on those two, neither on mil nor on my hubby.:-(
    Whenever I am in such a situation, I think twice, why am I angry, what is the reason and so on and leave that place which gives that kind of emotion.
    As Shanthi has pointed out, i try to stay calm and think and have a deep breath and move along.
    Nowadays I am surprised to see me in an argument with my daughter, myself being calm and explain it to her ( if it gets into her mind or not), it is our duty right? no use of shouting or venting out our anger, for which, the message conveyed will not hit the person but only the emotion is taken into account.

sriniketan

1 person likes this.
  9. Cheeniya

Dear Sri
    You are absolutely right! When we become too emotional, reason flees us. In such a frame of mind, we tend to forget the real issue and only concentrate on showing our emotions. That's why I always leave the scene if I get too emotional and return when I am in a quiter frame of mind to deal with the issue effectively.
    Sri

10. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Cheeniya sir,
    Back with a bang, this time your poor wife has been the cause of your misfortunes of the days happenings! The problem with men is they start the stone rolling and it so happens that the stone hits the wife first and a chain reaction starts! Ultimately the men blame the wives for their bad day out! And in the end of all, they never accept that they were the one who started the stone rolling and look for other victims to spend all their pent up fury! In my house, the poor driver bears the brunt of my hubby's fury! How I wish men learnt to make peace with the actual boss of the house. In this matter the youth of the present gen. are smart.They know the meaning of total surrender! And PEACE is theirs for a life time!