A trip to Kodaikanal

Discussion in 'Travel' started by vidraghu, Jul 14, 2010.

1. vidraghu

vidraghu Platinum IL'ite

@swathi: Thanks for such a lovely feedback!! Have a great time!! Njoy....

2. jayyu5

jayyu5 Gold IL'ite

Hi Vidhya

can you give me contact details of that rose cottage? also is there a option of cooking self? is it ok to do this trip with my three year old daughter? Thansk to let me know
    Jayanthy

3. vidraghu

vidraghu Platinum IL'ite

@jayanthi: The contact person's name is sasi.... u can refer our name Vidhya and raghu... u can mail them and ask for the required details... the mail id is villarosehomestay@gmail.com.. I think it must be ok to travel with 3yr kid... tat too in KPN sleeper coach...there is no option for selfcooking-but, if u can try/ request for the kind of food u prefer, if they can, they will surely do it...

I think i have answered all your queries... Have a nice time and njoy your stay at rose cottage!! hope it turns out to be a pleasant one!!:)

4. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

You have missed out Pannaikadu Dolmens...Nice and serene place. And Berijam Lake.

5. vidraghu

vidraghu Platinum IL'ite

@paanzaa: i missed out only the first one... not the berijam lake... no probs.. will visit it when i go there next time...

6. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi vidya, Lovely narration and short guide for the first visitors. Its good that paper bags have come to use. Otherwise all those beauty will be lost among the garbage the tourists leave there. Why don't you post some picturesque scenes for us to enjoy those mist virtually.

7. vidraghu

vidraghu Platinum IL'ite

@mira: Thanks a lot for ur feedback.... by the way, i have posted few pics of my trip in another thread... pls check out na... thread named pics of my kodai trip...

8. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

I prefer to go by bike..

9. lavanya2000

lavanya2000 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vidya,

I am planning to go to Kodaikannal 20th of June.. can i use your reference to book Rose Cottage (with you permission)? Or do you have any suggestions on travelling with kids? I am thinking of going by train which is reaching Kodai road or Dindgul by 4.00am and from there take a cab or bus.. Please advise..

Thanks

10. punee4615

punee4615 New IL'ite

Kodaikanal is a nice place to visit but a lot has changed in it and it does not look as good it was before.the weather, the city.. its all changed