A Trip to Kenya.........

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Arunarc, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

When we mention any of the African countries 1<SUP>st</SUP> thing that comes to mind is the wild life safari. And it just worth it. You can see animals in herds in the open the site is so magnificent lovers of animal don’t want to miss it.

I was just enjoying head over heels seeing these animals . You are moving along with them in the jungles yes not walking :):crazy....I was in my van and can see them passing our vehicle so closely.
    You can choose how many days you wish to stay with the wilds. You have 3/5/7 days tour. I had 3 days tour.

You have different Safari’s like Maasai Mara, Serengiti, Samburu, etc. As I had taken Masai mara would like to speak about it and give you maximum information that I have got with me.
    I had been for 6 days so on the 1<SUP>st</SUP> day landed in Nairobi and checked in the hotel. You can rest for some time and tour the city, it is a beautiful city with full of greenery and go for some exotic shopping. You get things made of wood real beautiful ones have put in the pictures for you.

2<SUP>nd</SUP> day early morning you can hire a Van and go to Maasai mara for the safari it takes around 4 hours to reach the place you can check in the hotel refresh yourself and go for your 1<SUP>st</SUP> day game.

3<SUP>rd</SUP> and 4<SUP>th</SUP> day too you can go for the game you can have them in parts or you can have for the whole day. If having it for the whole day you can pack your lunch and the hotel members will help you with this. 4<SUP>th</SUP> day afternoon you can start back to Nairobi, and rest for the night.

Next day that is 5<SUP>th</SUP> day you can plan for the elephant orphanage or go for the Museum or the national park which is in the city. We had planned for the elephant orphanage but becoz it was raining you were not allowed to go, so we decided to go around the city. Went for some lovely shopping malls and again some African sovereign.

On the 6<SUP>th</SUP> day the local people have they market setup so in the morning we went to this market and LOL shopped again.....hehehe I know I can hear this lady is crazy for shopping but when you too will look at those beautiful items, you will do the same and the prices are so good, you just want it. Then in the afternoon I had by Flight back home.

I have attached a file which I had got it when getting my Visa done which provides you all the information what all you have to do before going to some of the African countries.

And in this you will find more information http://magicalkenya.com/

Indian passport holders can get visa on arrival. But in case you have the Kenya embassy in your country get the visa done in your own country so that you don’t have to spend much time in the airport.

IN CASE YOU WANT ANY HELP IN NAIROBI ALPA IS READY TO HELP YOU WITH THE BOOKINGS AND OTHER STUFFS.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
    1 person likes this.

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Aruna mam,
    So you enjoyed Safari Tour! Thanks for sharing a nice writeup on your trip with beautiful animals snaps. Looking out for more !

3. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi Aruna

Excellent trip and nice to read about your experience. Thanks for the .pdf file that gives complete info for the prospective tourists.

Its my long time dream to visit Kenya and the safari. But due to the security reasons, we are scared to visit. How safe it is to visit these places? You arranged thru a package trip or on your own and after reaching Nairobi you planned for the safari? Pls. give details.

I heard you cannot even wear a simple and or imitation jewellery in Kenya. Its totally unsafe, and blacks will even kill to rob you etc. and never go alone, go in groups........

Pls. send me your suggestions.

BR
    Shanti

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  4. Arunarc

Hello Friends
    Couldn't upload the animals photos in the main post so doing it here.
    Hope you enjoy the wilds.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  5. goldc

goldc Senior IL'ite

HI Aruna Delite

Just refreshing to read your write up on Kenya trip.Thanks for giving all the neccesary details for people who wish to go.Indeed it is a great tour you had ,met people, ever to be treausred.I love to watch Elepahants in herds, but the African elephants look different to Indian ones.Shoppin' and again gazing at all the things made by the locals is honestly tempting to have your day, i too would have done similarly.The dresses too espcially the long and cut skirts are so good with vibrant prints either tie n dye or batique prints.Their jewellery too is popular with chunky beeds and bangles.Hey 'tis a shopper s delight that part of the continet, feel happy you indulged to your heart s content with no family memebers to hurry up from the place.Aruna i feel happy for you that you had wonderful time.:thumbsup

6. malathyj

malathyj Silver IL'ite

Hi Arunarc

nice & informative writeup. Will be planning for this next year. I have always wanted to go to this place... lovely natural surroundings... nature is in abundance here.

7. Arunarc

Here for all of you some more wilds to enjoy:):cheers

some more coming...........

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  8. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Hi aruna

great to know about your trip and thanks for the information..

It would help many...

9. Arunarc

There is never ending for the photos some i got them at a distance like vultures, crown birds, Ostrich etc etc.....
    Now if I will put more picture it will be like I will be getting the whole wild life into IL:biglaugh:biglaugh

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  10. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Oh my QUEENY
    Have already propelled myself in the meet up place.Now you have started another.:drowning:drowning6 wonderful bracing days you have had and so nice of you to share the infos with us.
    Besides the animal safari ,I just loved the shopping hunting expedition MORE after seeing your array of exhibitions:crazy.
    On seeing this write up My Ds going to say"Immediate Entry":biglaugh
    Thanks dear.