1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Tricky Question -The Gynac

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

A Tricky question – Part 2

OK, the First blog u did not find tricky.Try this one.

We have male and female Gynocologists.Like there was this famous gynac, called Dr.Soonawala, to whom the actress Smita Patil used to go to.My wife also got her first daughter delivered by a Male Gynac.

Now this is the question to the ladies,and I request you all not to take offence to this.The situation is this.

Suppose your husband’s close friend is a male Gynac, the best in town,who treats the high and mighty, and who charges a fortune for a delivery.He is your family friend, very very close.He may be a character like me, boisterous cracking non veg jokes,talks about the beauties he saw abroad etc etc.But he is good in his work.

Now you are pregnant,and u want the best for yrself and yr child, and this doctor friend is the best there is in town, or all over <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">India</st1:place></st1:country-region>.

The question is this

Would u go for delivery to him, or to anyone else.If u go to him he will do it for almost free, and give his best, as your are a family friend, a bhabhi to him.And he will give u the first priority than even Madhuri Dixit, who has come to him for delivery, as she is just a patient, but u are a family friend.

What would u do ? I will reserve my comments for now, and let u all know later what I and wife would have done.I want to know.

I asked this question to my male friends in Jaipur, telling them that suppose I am that doctor, would u send yr wives to me for the delivery.I will not tell u anything now, I will wait a while. The response from my friends were interesting.

KAMAL MAHTANI

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Kamalji,

Wow, Gyneac and Ladies. its a very sacred relationship:bowdown:bowdown.

To answer your question: If i feel very comfortable with him, i will definitely go to him only, if not, however close a family friend he is, i will not go. At least for me, i get the vibes from docs as to how comfortable i am going to be with them.

V

3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

With any doctor, two factors matter most. The qualifications (the professional competence) of the doctor. Second, is how comfortable I feel interacting with the doc, his/her bedside manner etc. And of all docs, this matters most in the case of a gynaec. If you are not relaxed with a gynaec, then no matter what his professional expertise, it will not help.

If I am at ease with this numero uno male doc, then I would go to him regardless of whether he is my husband's friend or not. That he treats me free, that he also treats Madhuri Dixit etc do not count. I want quality treatment from the doc, not for him to be a convo center point in a kitty party.

1 person likes this.
  4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Vandhana,

Yes u have to be comfortable with the Doc no doubt,as these are delicate matters.You have the right to choose yr doctor.Thansk and regards.kamal

Vidya,

This doctor is quality doctor the best in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">India</st1:place></st1:country-region>, and also a family friend.And he will give u the best treatment ever,just as he would give his wife, or any family member.

Regarding my anwer, I would let my wife be delivered at my friends maternity home/hospital.the reason being that I am getting the best at the cheapest.Isnt that what we all want.

The main problem is of shyness on the ladies side.But when a doctor is doing his job, these things are far removed from his mind.

And if me and wife are getting value for money,and good treatment and service, then where is the question of even tinking.The answer from us would be yes yes yes.

And to my friends whom I asked this question, at first they did noti reply.I told them, suppose one of us is the doctor in question,assuming I am the doctor,would u send yr wives to me for delivery.And they said , NO.I said why ? Ashamed ? or what ? I am the best <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">India</st1:place></st1:country-region> has,I will be doing this for free almost, with the best poosbile treatment.

But maybe they fear, something,God knows.

Anyway this is all hypothical,so why break my head over it.I was just curious toknow the reactions from them.

Regards.kamal

5. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    This is indeed a tricky question.
    But without any hesitation the first thought that came to my mind was, no i wont visit a male best friend of my husband even if he is the best gynecologist in the world and will do it free of cost for me.
    I would seriously be v uncomfortable in front of him later.
    I would like to add a personal experience of mine (a little deviation sorry).A friend of my husband to whom i gave food when he was away from his family misbehaved with me when my husband was just a few feet away.Maybe this episode makes me think twice thrice abt husband's male friends.
    We make decisions based on life's experiences.
    This is my answer to ur question.

Suji

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Suji,

I understand yr viewpoint.Your expierence was bad with hubby's friend, agreed.

In this scenerio, the friend who is the Doc is very close to the family and a decent guy.

maybe it is just the question of feeling shy in front of a know friend,maybe.But each has his or her own experiences really,

Thanks and regards.kamal

7. krish22

krish22 Senior IL'ite

Hello Kamalji,

kamaal ke questions pooch rahe hain aap.

8. Moonbeams

Moonbeams Bronze IL'ite

A very tricky question indeed.............how did it crop-up in ur mind.....

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Krish,

I ask Kamaal ka questions bcs my name Kamal and Kamaal are very similar.HAHA.Thanks .kamal

10. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear kamaal ji,
    i would defenitely think twice in case i become the next topic on the card session, and just behind my husband they could be describing in elaboration which we can do without in real life..sunkan