1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A tribute to my mother's mother

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, May 10, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My mother's mother was more than a mother to us. My mother being the only daughter she stayed with us. My mother after bearing children too was like a child and never used to like her mother to be away from her. My mother was like a elder sister to us and grandmother used to take care of us. We used to call her Periamma.

She used to fulfill all our wishes. She was expert in cooking and used to make yummy dishes everyday. She was expert in making Kai Murukku and used to go alone to people's house to make Murukku. Also my father was expert in making Jangry and she used to go with my father to grind the urad dal. Those days we were in Hyderabad and my grandmother except tamil and malayalam did not know any other language. But still she used to manage to buy vegetables, buy steel vessels giving the gold clothes to the women who used to come home. She used to get up at 5 a.m. and by 7 a.m. her cooking used to be over. While cooking she used to say the prayers and cook. She used to tell us about her native place and the people there. but that time I did not know that I will get a husband from her native so was not much interested in knowing about that place. But after my marriage she was no more so felt bad that I did not listen to her about her native place when she was there.

For my sister's delivery in Delhi me and my grandmother went to Delhi. I used to take care of my sister's kid and also used to bring food from home for my sister. One day I was late to come home and take the food but before I could go and bring my grandmother already came to the hospital. We were all surprised to see her. After a month I came back but my grandmother stayed with my sister to take care of my sister and her child. But she could not stay long there as he had cancer. She told them to send her back to our place as she wanted to be with my brother and us. My brother in law could not get leave , my grandmother could not wait and alone she came in the train. I had the opportunity to look after her. She told me dont worry you will get a good husband and my blessings are there. With her blessings only I got a gem of a husband and that too from her place.

I know wherever she is she must be blessing us

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I wanted to add this to my thread

Grandmom you have given me so much love from your heart
    and the warmth of your touch. The gift of life and you had been a friend to me. We have a special Bond which only comes from God. As a granddaughter I would say Mom I love you, you were a grandmother so dear. I love you more with each and every year.Thank you for being my grandmother and giving us all the love and care. Miss you grandmom

3. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Nice to read about your grandmother Viji ma. Well written.

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your compliments Pallavi dear and glad to get your first fb

5. scarletjones

scarletjones New IL'ite

I love my mom ,yes mother is god gift to all ,and mothers day around I am planning a party for her wish me luck..tc

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Scarlet dear thanks for your fb and sorry for the late reply.

7. Poetlatha

Poetlatha Platinum IL'ite

Dear VijiMa,

very beautiful tribute to your grandmother. My only request here is, this is what I practice, a small tip for you, the people whom we love always stay with us, doesn't matter where they are in the present world or not, or even far away in the world, their soul always energizes us but only when we connect with them soulfully! Try this everyday when you pray, devote couple of minutes in the thought of your Grandma, you will know what I'm talking about, only if you believe in it. One day you will tell me about your lovely experiences.

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thankyou @Poetlatha dear. My grandma is always wit me taking care of me and blessing me. Thanks for your tips dear