1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Tribute To My Grandma

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Mar 8, 2019.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

To a woman who is strong,compassionate ,
    beautiful and unique.
    May you continue to inspire those around you
    !!!!Happy Women’s Day!!

I think on this Women's day we should give a tribute to our mother, grandmother and women of earlier times who had to struggle in their life. Without having facilities we have now they lead their life successfully. They used to live in joint family and have taught us good culture

My mother was a very simple woman and till her mother was there she wanted her. Since my mother was the only child my grandmother stayed with us till she was there. She used to cook yummy food and make according to our choice. My mother used to assist her. They used to finish their cooking by 7am. My grandmother used to buy vegetables herself though she did not know the language. She was more than our mother and used to guide us in everything. We both went for my sister's delivery and I used to go to the hospital to give food and take care of my sister. One day I was late and she came herself to the hospital and this was in Delhi unknown place to her.

After some months after delivery.she got cancer and alone came to Mumbai . My brother in law said he will take her but she did not want to trouble them and she wanted to be with my brother whom she liked most. In her last days I had the opportunity to look after her and with her blessings got a good husband that too from her native and loving children

Anusha2917, Rihana, shravs3 and 6 others like this.

2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Nice tribute, Vijima.

Happy women's day!

iyerviji likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Thanks dear for the first feedback

4. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Nice Vijima , hats off to all mothers and grand mothers !
    Nice to read about how supportive your grand MA was