A tribute to my best man

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by smritisinha, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Smriti,

Thank you for writing about the wonderful time you had with your grandfather. Those are all experiences one could cherish for the life time. My experience with my grandfather is very unique and different. He died 7 years before I was born but he haunted me with his memories until 2 years ago. I have written a blog about him and I don't want to repeat everything here again. But he used to be the principle of Guindy Engineering College and every time I come across one of his students, they used to describe in granular details about his great qualities. I met a retired Engineer who was visiting US and he stood up from his seat when I told him that I am the grandson of the principal.

I don't spend a day without thinking about him who I never met. How can a person have reputation that last for 65 years after he died in 1948? He is definitely a role model and I will be happy if someone remembers me even a year after I leave my mortal coil.

Viswa

2. zainabsarfraz

zainabsarfraz Platinum IL'ite

very touching write up :) may his soul RIP and may he be happy where ever he is :)

1 person likes this.
  3. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

What a lovely post. I just could not control my tears. Brought back memories of my grandfather. My 5-star rating is too less.

1 person likes this.
  4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Wow wow Smriti...!

Srama, Anita, Racr and Vidhya3b have nominated this post to FP of the month! :thumbsup
    You can consider yourself a winner no doubt!!:)

Like me, they also know that any post by Smriti will be sweet and nostalgic! This was even more so if I may say so.

To read about you and your grandad was very lovely and made me really happy. Yes, I too thought of my grandparents and I have a special soft spot for my sweety pie grannma! But you know what, we are grandparents ourselves now and the sweetness we experience in the company of our grandchildren cannot be compared to anything else in this world. We glimpse that sheer joy and suddenly the world seems so colorful and joyful, just like a cartoon depiction! Magical!

L, Kamla

4 people like this.
  5. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Kamla ji for your wonderful response.

I'm sure your grandkids adore you just like you do your grannma, and I am pretty sure you make a very cute granny the kids would love to chill out with! :) :thumbsup

Thank you once again :)

6. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Very nice post and well narrated about the time you spent with your Best Man... :) I miss it...

1 person likes this.
  7. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Smritu, I have no words at all...You left me in tears.

1 person likes this.
  8. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

9. sweety220579

sweety220579 New IL'ite

your post made me cry, too good

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. PriyaPrahlad

PriyaPrahlad Silver IL'ite

Very touching Smriti. I was also my grandfather's pet. He has been my best companion during my childhood. He has told me hundreds of stories. :) But our friendship was short lived. He passed away when I was 5 years old. But those memories will stay with me forever.

1 person likes this.