A tribute to my best man

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by smritisinha, Mar 18, 2013.

1. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

Wow! Touchwood to your wonderful relationship! May God bless them with wonderful health and happy moments :)

2. smritisinha

Thank you dear for your reply! Indeed I am lucky! :)

3. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

such emotional write up smriti...had he been reading this u wud have got a pat on your back by now.....& he would proudly say my smriti is sucha good writer :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Loved your write up Smriti ! very touching ... My daughter had this lovely relationship with my father and you brought back lovely memories of the same.I used to be amazed at how easily they could chat on any topic.:)

And I miss my father the most whenever she achieves something good. He would be the happiest and say "of course ,she is the best" :)

3 people like this.
  5. smritisinha

Thanks DG! Miss that pat on my back he gave. No one can give the kind of love to adults that grandparents can. I could be a child throwing silly tantrums around him! No one else!

Miss him!

6. smritisinha

Hey Mindi, thanks :)

Ya grand-dad and grand-daughters can chat on any topic!!! And your daughter is so lucky to have had that kind of a grand-dad!! Cheers to the wonderful relationship:cheers

7. NayiTalaash

NayiTalaash Bronze IL'ite

Beautiful write up, Smriti !

1 person likes this.
  8. smritisinha

Thank you! :)

9. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Lovely write up Smriti - made me nostalgic....I also shared a wonderful relationship with my grand-father.

From standard 1st to 4th he took me to school, though the school bus stopped right in front of our apartment, I never took it because I felt like throwing up in the bus. So he would take me to school, and every evening while he came to pick me up he would get jeera goli for me. I loved it!

He is in his late 80's now and his memory is fading. But when I visited him last year, he remembered my name and called me a few times. I guess that will be the highlight of my India trip.

2 people like this.
  10. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Smiriti,

This is such a wonderful relationship you have described passionately.

I read the interpretation of Bhagavad Gita by Rev. Pandurang Shastri. He says that the love of grandparents is very selfless as they do not expect anything from their grand kids. They know that when their grand kids grow up and ready to be a pillar for the family , grandparents would not be around anymore.I think it is the reason these ties are so strong and unique.

In addition to your another feeling about rebirth.Bhagavad Gita says that soul has liberty to choose for its rebirth. However taking into consideration all its previous karma. Besides God sends nicer people back to earth to be a role model for others.

Love,
    Bhavna

1 person likes this.