1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A tight spot a day keeps boredom at bay!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Nov 23, 2007.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna

I like to meet challenges in life and always want to be at the top. But its not the case always sometimes we have to struggle. But its nice to struggle and if we get a positive result then feel happy.

I was working in Accounts Department first as a Typist, then a steno. As a steno I used to finish my work fast and used to have free time. Our Vice President saw this and wanted to keep me always busy. So gave me promotion as Senior Assistant and had to handle the Bank Reconciliation. In the beginning I never knew about accounting but later learnt. When the system was put on computer it was very tough but still our Director had confidence that I will do my job well. I miss my office days very much now.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa
    It is a very common trait among the Senior Executives of Banks. They are all expert crisis Managers but become totally helpless and confused when everything is normal. They all go by the rule that if everything is apparently normal, then a serious problem is probably lurking beneath. They always believe that problems are necessary to hone their skills.

In our faculty discussions, this aspect used to figure prominently. A colleague of mine used to say that the Red Adair might be the world's best when it came to putting out the fire in oil wells but would be totally helpless when confronted with a minor fire in their own office!
    Sri

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji
    You are a good woman and that's why you finished your work fast and showed your free time. Normally people would stretch their simple work till the closing hours while some might even stretch it beyond normal working hours to claim overtime! You got yourself loaded with extra work being a very conscientious person. In most of the cases, the Parkinson's Law operates: "Work expands to fill the time available for its completion"
    Sri