1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A thunder clap, a lightning bolt…

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Padmasrinivas, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi,

Every day is a new learning experience in this world, whether we learn from our elders or youngsters, it enriches our life ...

I remember OJ-da's write-up too and endeavour to keep off the possessive as far as possible... quite a difficult task too!

One big lesson learnt is that we come into this world with our past vasanas and depart this world empty-handed as far as material wealth goes, only the newly-acquired karmas accompany us, better to accumulate a bank-balance of good karmas...

I am very happy to have you here as we strive towards achieving that True Realisation!

Thank you so much, Bhargavi dear,

Love,
    Padma

2. sujathaumakanth

sujathaumakanth Bronze IL'ite

Lovely post from you dear aunty !!! I always enjoyed reading your feedbacks on my posts, the time and effort you take to write about the topic and your comments on it, but this is the first time I have read a post of yours and I simply loved it. Your post highlights such eloquence despite it being such a short one.......kudos to you aunty for carrying it off in a style that only a few can master.

I know first-hand of the damage possessiveness causes in one's life.....but yet, it is not easy to learn from the mistakes is it???

Luv
    Sujatha

3. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padma,
    When I visit this site after along gap. i came across your wonderful post !! What a mastery over language !!!You have dealt with a subject that is absolutely true .
    Nothing in this world is permanent. We can observe this on all levels. On a universal level, stars form and collapse. On a global level, continents shift and climates change. On a personal level, we observe the decay of our body, changes to our mind, relationships coming and going, our possessions wearing out. We live in a world of constant flux. Unfortunately, many of us refuse to recognize this, and suffering is the result.We actually find that recognition of impermanence brings more lightness, acceptance, and joy into our lives, and that the fear and suffering go away.
    The person whose mind is always free from attachment, who has subdued the mind and senses, and who is free from desires, attains the supreme perfection of freedom from Karma through renunciation. ~ Bhagavad Gita. I feel this is what everyone should fallow.Again and again going through your post. Thank you.
    with love
    pad

4. Padmasrinivas

Dear Sujatha,

You transported me to some other realm with such delightful words of appreciation, Suja dear

I loved your comment on the album too!

Thank you for stopping by to write a lovely fb, my dear,

Love,
    Padma

5. Padmasrinivas

Dear dear Padmini,

Where were you all these days? I did miss you and your posts and interaction here in IL...

You have added so much wisdom to a simple post, it was sheer pleasure to read your fb...as always...

Thank you fro being here, Pad dear,

Love,
    Padma

6. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Padma mam,

I always read your posts twice and at times I will leave without giving fb. Not because I dont want to but I could not catch words with ease to reply to your post.

:bowdown A thought provoking post mam.

7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear PS,
    A nice thought provoking write up. When we entered this world we entered empty handed and when we leave also we will leave empty handed. But in the intermediate period ego and possessiveness plays a a major role in our life. Though we realize it we find it difficult to control them. Even a sage like Viswamitra could not contain his ego and created Thirisangu Swargam! After all we are ordinary mortals with all kinds of vasanas, and though we try to control our ego and possessiveness we find it difficult and give in to these vices. Blessed are those who are able to control them.
    Love,
    PS

8. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

It says it all in just a few lines, dear PadmaS. Brilliant piece of writing. Apologies for coming in so late but I feel lucky to have been late. WOW what a platter on offer here on this thread. Immensely enjoyed reading through your exquisite post and all the enriching views from everyone. Must have been quite something for K. Periappa to have apologised to all the youngsters and boy what a message that gives us. If I can let go of myself and my attachment even on one simple occasion in my life, I will feel blessed. I suppose if we have atleast begun to contemplate on that, I consider that as a start. Thank you for penning your thoughts.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padma

I wanted to give you first fb but as Raba has written but I could not catch words with ease to reply to your post.

Now after reading Pushpa Mami's fb I also agree with what she has written. We should know to control our ego.

Thought provoking write up.

love
    viji

10. Padmasrinivas

Dear Raba,

How sweet of you to express your appreciation in such a touching manner...

Made my day, or should I say it put a smile on my face as I say G'night!

Thank you so much, my dear!

Love,
    Padma