A thread for tangent remarks and follow up posts

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by mstrue, May 11, 2010.

1. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Mine was ok, had to do some shopping (nothing of the fancy variety that you girls do, but some of the mundane kind - but it involved going to electronics store, so that works for me :)). DW has a busy weekend, so had to jettison some other plans, and I listened to some music, and decluttering somethings in my room.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  2. IndainDad

IndainDad New IL'ite

Thank you for being considerate of my and MST's feelings:biglaugh:biglaugh

3. Malyatha

Malyatha Gold IL'ite

They TRIED to slaughter me and called my motivations into question. Apparently, it's because I allegedly have a bad relationship with my brother's wife (which, allegedly, further is 'all over the place') that I am sooooo biased against the dude's wife. :rotfl:rotfl

That guy is spinning quite the yarn there and people are lapping it all up - hook, line and sinker!

Wonder what they'll say to my latest post??? If I get banned, then please know that I'll miss you all! :rotfl

4. Malyatha

Malyatha Gold IL'ite

Ahem... thought that this being a football weekend that er.... oh, never mind! :)

5. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Oh how interesting Spidey...:|

always....:biggrin2:

Yeah Malyatha...I felt bad for you when someone asked if you had a SIL??? thats very personal....

6. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

It is no more annoying than people asking me if I was born in India or grew up there as if I need to flash my Indian passport everytime I post something.

7. Malyatha

Malyatha Gold IL'ite

LOL. I didn't worry about it. Some people LIKE to get personal, and, if they cannot attack / fault my reasoning, then they try to attack / fault me, the person. Ad-hominem attacks are nothing new to me. if take these brick-bats so seriously, then I won't last a day in my chosen profession!!! :biglaugh

BTW, in the midst of all these brick-bats, someone left me a commendation for one of my posts in that thread, too...

8. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

9. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

i was just saying maybe you enjoyed the roses and tulips without getting your 'bloomers in a bunch' as coined by Malyatha! :)

10. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

They get personal when they have been cornered and they have no more arrows in their quiver. Usually it is preceded by adhominem arguments and that is your sign that personal attacks are coming next LOL