1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

A thousand splendid suns- ebook -attached here!!

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by vidyajithesh, May 8, 2010.

1. vidyajithesh

vidyajithesh Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    So touched was i by this story that i decided to upload its ebook for all to read..
    dont miss this!!!
    happy reading!!!

Vidya<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2011

2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi vidya,
    thanks a lot.it was in list of my To Read books.i am glad i will be able to tick yet one another.............
    pragati

3. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Mmmm.. Thanks Vidya;
    I loved "Thousand splendid suns..." more than "The Kite runner".

Good reading to all
    -Nitha

4. Kalasen

Kalasen New IL'ite

Hi,

Thank you Vidhya.

5. vidyajithesh

vidyajithesh Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the response ladies ..its however sad to notice that though the pdf has been viewed almost 20 times by now..ppl have hardly bothered to post a reply...
    nywez no issues..atleast u ppl have replied...and i am happy...:)

Take care,

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  6. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Hi Vidya! Thanks for the book - I have already read it, but it would be nice to have a copy of it. The book had really touched my heart - especially I felt sad for Mariam the most, she really had the toughest time (amongst the main characters) along with the whole the country!

I was wondering, if you and ofcourse all others who have read the book might like to write your review of the book u\in Book Reviews forum.

A thread for this book alredy exists, if you would just add a review by you it would be wonderful!

Thanks

P.S : Let me know if you do not find the review thread, I will be happy to help.

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  7. vidyajithesh

vidyajithesh Gold IL'ite

Hi gayatri,
    I have done my teeny weeny bit in posting a simple review for the book 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' in the Book review forum. Please do read it when u find the time.

Hey if it wouldnt be much of a prick, could you suggest some personal fiction faves of yours which i could add to my wishlist and continue to read? I am 6 months preg with ma second kid and am forbidden from reading any Vamp n Horror stuff :rotflhope u understand..so no more twilight for me...but yes thrillers and adventurous stuff is just fine...
    Please do keep it coming!!!

8. ismatzulfi

ismatzulfi New IL'ite

thanks aloooooooooooooooooot,:thumbsup

9. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much! You have written it rather so well. I am impressed!:thumbsup

No vampires and ghost huh:biglaugh, I understand!
    But I am happy to oblige you with some of my favourites :
    1) The Bachelor, Three men and a maid, A damsel in distress (which i think u have read and uploaded the book), Righ ho Jeeves (ok ok) all by P.G.Wodehouse.

I simply love his books - all filled up with so much humour and sarcasm!

2) Legend by Jude Deveraux - its also very nice, sweet book.
    Caution : This book has ghosts but not in a bad way, they are most peace-loving people of all.

3) Fear is the key, Night without end, The guns of Navarone, Santorini, Satan Bug - all ny Alistair MacLean (he is my favourite author for adventures)

4) Split second, Last man standing, First family - David Baldacci
    All mystries (caution : they do have violence in them).

These are some of the few that I have liked and remember. And sorry for the added cautions,but I really am concerned for you and dint want you to get into any trouble!:cheers

10. vidyajithesh

vidyajithesh Gold IL'ite

thanx a ton sweetheart for all the books you have suggested..:bowdown i will definitely jot them down and devour them soon...:)

But pregnancy can definitely be a pain at times..with a whole lot of ppl telling you what to do and what not to...:crazy
    but yes, i get so engrossed in a book that i carry the narration/ characters with me for atleast 2-3 days after i have finished reading the book..why give unnecessary trouble to the LO inside :tongue