1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Team Of Six Girls In Tarini

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by Anusowmyan, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

In the NEW INDIAN EXPRESS – a English daily, in his supplement Edex, carried an article on TARINI on July 30th 2018. It brings about how a team of six girls go around the globe in 254 days. It’s an all women crew from India that circumnavigated the globe in INSV Tarini. The name was given after the famous Tara Tarini temple in Odisha. The crew had three years of training under Captain Dilip Donde, the first Indian to Circumnavigate the globe solo in 2010. The team received Nari Shakti Puraskar 2017. The INSV Tarini was built by Aquarius shipyard in Goa. It is about 56 feet long and has six sails.

In a mission called NAVIKA SAGAR PARIKARMA, they braved turbulent waters to circumnavigate the globe and became the first all women crew in the world to create this record by travelling 22,000 nautical miles. To know more about the mission, reach out to indianavy.nic.in

The team of Tarini teach us a lot and presents a practical example of bravery, courage, determination, team spirit, positivity &confidence.

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “”I’m possible!””

This is a great success for all the women in the world and the moment to realise the women power. A life lesson to all the women out there to let their daughters grow and

Treat your daughters well and never create any bias

Let them speak out about their career dreams

Build confidence and positivity in them

Help them to follow their passion

Strengthen them to face problems fearlessly

&

Happily enjoy with them the taste of success.

2. goldenhoney87

goldenhoney87 Silver IL'ite

3. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Thanks @Anusowmyan , I didn't even know about this! Very encouraging article thanks for sharing! Yes well said!

Could any of you provide links to give tips in inculcating confidence and strengths in kids ?

Even though I am a working women I sometimes feels like I can be convinced easily just because I don't want to explain my ideas or I always feel like what others think that if my idea/opinion is totally wrong or if it hurts anyone. This thought itself makes me to take one step backwards. I am afraid that knowingly/unknowingly I might feed the same to my kids. BTW I have 2 girls of ages 8 and 5 !

Thanks for reading my request!

4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Wow it’s amazing.. never knew this..
    Hats off to their parents for not discriminating them and allowing them to fulfil their dreams

5. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

Thank you all for the reply.