1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Summer Cut

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, May 1, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

A summer cut:
    Both the boys had been to the barber and fuming, as they could not get a good cut, always the same damn thing he knows no other style, very true we cant have Javed the famous hairstylist, in koramangala Bangalore.. u need the appointment the time,and distance.

During my beauty parlor days, I have observed it is the same cut for all the children who arrive, a shame, it would look like a tender coconut upside down with a clean cut all over. I love to see each head with a different stroke, the face and the hair should compliment. Maria a nice lady at the Airlines hotel in Bangalore had a wonderful style for cutting hair, and of course the long ones were just pruned in the end for split ends, and henna applied, now one of the observation I had, was when she suggested a girl with a lot of short curls like Suhasini the actress to refrain from short hair, she said it would all curl up into a beehive, which does not compliment the cut and the look..

Men usually love their back of head clean and may be a little hair well styled and left that way, very few go in for the centre partition, with our great cricket heroes the Dhoni style has come to stay for a long time. The mushroom cut was very famous for a long time it some how brought down the age in men while it lasted. I love the massage being given by my sis son ajit famous for that, a wonderful massage the more time he takes the more u feel sleepy and relaxed.

For some reason I don’t like the straightened and cross chopped in the end, it looks more like a wig, fashion is fine but we need to check what we look good at, our mr cheran the director of autograph is with this style in his latest film mayakannadi and I must say I don’t want to see him with his recent hair style. One of my cousin with a sharp feature very Indian came the other day with this hair cut, and with a nose ring to sport, I felt it looked more punk in appearance and did not compliment her looks, otherwise a beauty.

I have another friend, whose children he says have developed an American style, the vilvadi legiyam brought by him was a great spread on bread for his son, and his daughter poor thing could show a shoulder length hair though she had knee length when she left for America, so the father could only pity himself for taking the trouble of taking herbal oil for her. My maternal aunt in her 60+ age still has hair till knee length, she has to chop it to a manageable length just up to her hip, she says though Americans are in awe of her hair, it is so tough to maintain, what with coloring and using moisturizers, but it is beautiful she is blessed with wonderful tress.

When the hair is tinted with great combinations it does do good only for some, and girls with lice the ever problematic stuff in the young will do good to get it colored once, may be the ammonia or some other chemical helps to rid the hair of this problem, on a permanent basis.

Some have trouble maintaining their hair, always getting tasseled and unable to look great throughout the day, when they get their hair straightened they look so different, but u task your hair for that, some heat treatment is given to get that look. Some stylists are to be revered because of their innovation, they may charge you high but it is worth it, when you want a good pep, to build your personality just take the trouble to change your hairstyle to anything other than yours and some Chinese hairstylist girls give u what u want, I also find some men in a ladies parlor giving great cuts.

A lot of oldies would love a house visit as they don’t want to go to a parlor for a trimming of their crop, In those days most anglo Indian ladies had this in them to go to the house and help them get trimmed every month, now with most moving to Australia there is a shortage for hairdressers.

Many ladies would benefit to take up this as profession by getting a nice diploma in hair cutting, which is a separate line on its own, the fees is around 50,000 for starters and when in parlor training the leg massage goes a long way for the above 30 woman who starts getting cramps in the calf muscle …an altogether different story.

I love my hair short as I sweat a lot in the temples and would do to be rid of it especially this summer its been to hot to stand and our Indian herbal oils like neelabringadhi thailam, a good massage a week will help u with the texture maintainance….regards sunkan

2. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

:)
    v gud observation
    i have v long hair and all the ladies who visit my parlor whom i cut the hair always ask me mam u cut everyones hair but y dont u cut urs ?
    i have a smile to ans bcz i knw my figure does require a traditional style rather than having step,feather or v cut yes it pains me whn i have to shower and oil my hair to remove my tangles in the hair and running a parlor i need to wash my hair everyday basis regularly my mil wont give me fud if i wont have my hair washed she also scolded me for giving hair cuts on sravana sukravaram and new yrs day tht if ladies want to cut their hair on holy days how cud u do tht
    she wont understand tht i shd not mingle both my profession and personal life :))
    yes wot ever style we carry shd first make us comfortble whn we look into the mirror it shd show us and not someone whom we dont knw and we shd be able to carry ourselves outside without feeling shy .
    but summers where there is power cut hair cut is also required :))

3. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Hi Sunkan !
    Oh the stresses of maintaining goodlooking tresses !
    Beehive curls, dhoni locks , bluntcut bobs....limitless variety.
    And what fancy Saloons ! No, they're called " Salon "now. What used to be a chop-chop snip-snip affair is now an hour long pampering session of cutting, washing, massaging, blowdrying, ironing, crimping and coming home to face the question : 'havn't gone for the haircut yet ? "

Speaking of kiddy haircuts, once saw a documentary on Amazon tribes in The National Geographic. Grooming techniques employed there : The mother inverts a bowl , smeared with some reddish gooey fat, on the kids head and snips off everything peeping out of the rim of the bowl. Removes the bowl, and hey presto ! a neat hairdo, shining like a little helmet !

I remember the first haircut I had - it was after my wedding. The style was something suggested by the parlour lady . I coudnt make any informed choice because ,then,anything short looked desirable ! But now, I hate to look at photographs from that phase ! It was supposed to be influenced by some style Madhuri Dixit sported in some hit. I realise now, Madhuri could carry off anything because she was The Madhuri . We, mere market-going mortals should not aim for such dreamcuts. But I had got it and was stuck with it. Maintaining the bouncy mass in that shape and texture took a lot of work , lot of visits to the parlour, and a lot money ! After two years, I grew tired of such slaving for my crowning glory and just let it grow back . Since then, I have had a simple, non fussy, low maintainance hairstyle : a bun ! It climbs higher during summer, descends to the nape in comfortable climes.

manjula

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Sundari,

Another good one, the stress of keeping a cool tress- tell me all about it. As a school girl and docile teen, I had thick hair upto my waist. Then as life got stressful, with a range of shampoos following, my hair is now a downy cover for my scalp. Now am undergoing thakra dhara to remove all traces of chemicals off my hair roots. I am told that I will sport a rich jet balck crown after that, but am already poorer by Rs 10k. Ayurveda is the most profitable profession in gods own country.

regards
    Vidya
    PS: Sundari and Satya- If one of you have some hair care tips, pls post them in IL. Also, if you know the hair oil made with aloevera with methi, pls post that too.

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear vidya,
    give urself a summer cut real short, and see the difference, it helps where none else do....love sk

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear rv,
    i would like to know if u have the soft ware for the face with different style loaded to help choose from...regards sunkan

7. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

hi sundari
    the software is called virtual style maker it has preloaded pics of different hairstyles through the webcam we need to capture our pic and match the preloaded hairstyles
    no i do not have the software with me but have worked on it and i dont find it so very convinent while cutting hairs bcz each persons hair cut is based on their physical appearance their work life style and how they can carry out the cut therefore i prefer to go without software.
    :)