1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A struggle to be superwoman and a burn out!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Jul 27, 2011.

1. shambavi2000

shambavi2000 Silver IL'ite

hi

as women we are constantly raising the bar for ourselves-nothing wrong with that, but every once in a while we need to stop and chill out or else, the burnout is just waiting to happen.Every woman would find an echo in what you've said.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Shambavi, thanks for joining me here.

You are right about us raising the bar for ourselves. at the same time, we tend to raise the bar for all the others involved too,especially children..if we take a check every now and then, rejenuvate ourselves physically and mentally, we are happy people to move around with..

3. vidyacvn

vidyacvn Silver IL'ite

It is really difficult being a working woman. I am now working as visiting faculty and hence, have made things a bit easier for me. Otherwise, I feel guilty that I am not able to spend enouch time at home. If I stay at home, I feel I am not contributing financially to the family. So I chose this ideal profession of visiting faculty

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Vidyacvn, it is great to know you found the balance. i am a stay at home by choice and i never felt that i am not contribution financially, because it was a choice i had taken and have not regreted till date, again it works for few of us while few of us always wonder about the greener pasture on the others side..

thanks for joining here.

5. LoukyaDevi

LoukyaDevi Silver IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,

What a beautiful write-up. It has inspired me a lot. I have this feeling that I am a"Good-for nothing" woman. After seeing this, yes I now can happily say I am managing my work,studies,household,family,my toddler and yes I cannot be perfect in all but I am able to balance all these.

---------------------
    Loukya

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Loukya,

Sorry for the late reply..

Thanks for joining me here and henceforth stop thinking that you are good-for-nothing. I believe we are what we think and what we believe, so think that you are the best, you will be the best. way to go lady with so much juggling and yet maintaining the balance, who wants perfection, it is a illusion...

7. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear santhi,

A fantastic writeup!!

I agree we struggle too hard to be supermom, but all we have to do is be a happy person on the inside to make everyone else feel happy. We don't have to be perfect in everything, as you say it is ok to let the laundry basket get full and its ok to lazy out at times. Thank you for such a wonderful blog :) now i don't feel guilty about not sorting and folding my yesterday's laundry :)

Akila

8. laxmisri

laxmisri Silver IL'ite

dear shanthi
    OMG
    just a mirror image of all my feelings...by the way may be these are the exact feelings of all women who struggle and strain themselves for perfection.very well narrated and loved the cartoons.....thank you for relaxing me instantly and encouraging me to take things easily once in a while:)

9. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

thought provoking blog shanthi mam....yet I have to learn that art of being a super mom..learning phase :)

10. anjuzhere

anjuzhere New IL'ite

Great piece of writing..Im sure it relates to most of us who are trying so hard to please our family that we end up irritated, depressed and hurting them all the more..We are all humans..and to err is human..we must accept that and forgive ourselves...