1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A struggle to be superwoman and a burn out!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Jul 27, 2011.

1. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Dear Shany,

Your blog is superb good and great. Really enjoyed..The cartoon are really funny. Will try be a supermom once i become a mom?

Shanti

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hridaya thanks a lot dearie...oh some person with a sense of humor has done the job, and i copied it..the day i don't find, either i have to resort to making them myself or asking my friend vijee here to do the honors.. but a picture speaks a lot more than what i write.
    you are doing so much. let me tell you something. recently during my daughters' board exams i was never bothered about her marks, i was more worried that she was getting tensed and worked up. and when my kid does not eat, i take it in stride, as i believe that when they are hungry they will eat. we are all born multitasker, some of us become experts at it while some of us want to be the same amateurs..it is all about the comfort zones..

OMG...is that a compliment or a dig..i am not a super mom, actually we make fun at home.. that i am the hitler mom and my husband the nehru baap..owing to his being outside..lol..

books everything..i don't have preferences..but life is the best teacher and as long as you stay a positive student, life happens..and experiences are the best lessons..

loved having you with me here hridaya.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Priya dear i am so happy to see you here apart from the keep fit threads, or you may be reading blogs and i may not be aware.. have become a little busy..

Well that is something that took a hard time to sink into this pea-brain of mine,that i cannot be good at everything, and my health and happiness are the most important things rather than achievements..

i learnt the hard way that health matters a lot.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Shaka,

These days i tell my family, i am human, and i am not expecting to be put on a pedestal.. each of us has a point until which we run the show.. i can visualise the windows ...seriously we never thought about multitasking.. i am known to listen to music, read and cook at the same time..infact i have written about that once..but owing to setting a bad example to my son i have stopped reading while cooking..

And if we knew the travails, we would have taken that rain check long back..even now it is not late is what i felt.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Nihasvin,

i know the vicious cycle continues..there are sequels to few episodes after every break.. some of us are programmed that way i suppose.. may be we need to take a crash course of relaxing , rewinding..no wonder, the spas, the courses on meditations, and the AOL are in high demand..

now relax, take a deep breath and enjoy life.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Thanks SV. i know you are one.. so you could easily identify with this.

it is something that nags every one of us at some point..either we start thinking that we are a bad mom or a bad wife..only if we take a pause and start telling ourselves that we are what we are and we do the best we are capable of and not to please others...maybe constant reminders may help somebody who has not learnt to switch off those like me..

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Nandhini, welcome to blogging. i think you have started blogging..yet to traverse around the blogspace of yours but all the best first.

yes it is ok to laze a little.and to say definite NO. thanks for joining me here.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Cheers to you lakshmi. i am so happy you are doing something you really want to. Sometimes, in our frustations we lose track of things, and miss the opportunities that come knocking..i have lost a few..and know the pain of that..but again it is all about life and lessons..

Great to have you and to know you identified your experience with this..
    thanks for joining me here.

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Thanks viji. oh i did not have any doubts..my friends here would definitely have reached out to me..

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Thanks vidya.. that is high praise coming from somebody who is tickling every one with the adventures of vid & chakra..