1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Stroke Of Luck!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Cheeniya said: ↑: I really wonder if it makes any sense to you."
    Wow.. .Amazing. Your spirit and humour will soon remove whatever that is blocking the inner plumbings.
    Good luck. And best wishes.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Viswa
    A typical response from a well read man. Jill Bolt Tayler has not only a commanding voice but clarity of expression too. But being a person whose ears stay tuned to 75 years of Madras Brahmin's English, I found it a little tough to unravel some of the expressions of Jill Bolt Taylor. In other words, I found it tough to unbolt her language! Missing a part of the house is a lot more challenging problem than not remembering a number. I can't recall the names of many of my friends and relatives but an aged relative of mine assures me that stroke has nothing to do with it since he has this problem since he was a kid. He even got a beating in the class when he couldn't remember the name of the Father of the Nation! All he could remember was only his own father's name!

I am very happy to see that you are doing a commendable job in the Best Post Award section. You are indeed the 'Old Reliable'
    Sri

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

My dear Satchi
    Your 'double' dearing me indeed touched my heat. I would have copied that in my reply but for the fear of being branded a copy cat! Your response indeed has strengthened my will to get back to normal very soon. This impaired right eye is indeed troubling me a lot. A sentence that should take just a glance indeed requires moving my head from left to right and back like a spindle in a loom! But let me assure you that it's all fun and keeps my stiff neck more mobile!
    Sri

satchitananda likes this.
  4. Cheeniya

Dear jskls
    Thank you for your good wishes and expression of concern. This will make me completely alright sooner than you think!
    Sri

jskls likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

Dear Amica
    Thank you for your prayers and good wishes for my speedy recovery. I cherish them.'
    Sri

Amica likes this.
  6. Cheeniya

Dear Rihana
    Thank you for your awesome response which inspires me no end. My replies still lack the wonted length but never doubt the spirit behind them.
    Sri

7. Cheeniya

Dear Laks
    Thank you for your encouraging response. Responses like these will surely hasten my complete recovery.
    Sri

Laks09 likes this.
  8. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Well, well! So happy to see you again Cheeniya Sir!
    And wish you all the very best to get well sooner!
    -rgs

9. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Cheeniya Sir,

I thank God for your being back with IL Family! It is so painful to know that it took so much of your effort to type the post. Still, we are all inspired by your presence and the indomitable spirit.

Welcome back.

Welcome back with that capacity to post another interesting post, with your inimitable style and delivery!

You have set an example how even the most painful events can be presented in a gentle way with an effort to make others smile.

I will continue to pray for your speedy recovery and be the same "Cheeniya Sir" of pre 8/8/ 2016. Please do not strain. Our deep appreciation and emotional support to Mrs. Cheeniya who should have gone through a lot and successfully ensured your recovery.

Cheers! Well done! I am sure with your spirit you will be typing posts after posts very soon.

Love and regards to you both and also to your daughter!

10. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri Sir
    Good to see you again. You absence was so tangible I could not even visit the snippets section.
    You had been in my thought and prayers.

Very happy to see you again and happier to see your tongue-in-cheek humor fully intact.
    Regards
    K