Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Winniethepooh, Nov 5, 2020.
You are not loving yourself enough!!!
I would suggest, in a situation where one is scared of Mil Developing & enlarging friendship with neighbours or and in downstairs, simply say you would accompany her for the reason mil at her age needs support ( body guard) and you too make pals. To such friends, you speak highly of your Mil irrespective of whether you like it or not.
Your fear will go away and you rue the roost!
Let God be with you.
I feel sorry for her and I don't understand why you don't like or not talking to her. You are blessed with such a nice and adjustable Mil and she has been at your house due to covid. Try to think her situation and to be good with her. Don't be jealous of her because your avoidance made her to look for outsiders.
My case is "ulta" My mil when she comes here lives like a queen but hates me even going for grocery shopping leave covid..even in normal times coz she feels that "I am entertained"..
You want to go out and have a good time.You cannot coz of covid plus you want to have friends according to your taste but unfortunately not everyone is so lucky.Your mil seems to be a very adjusting person so from your perspective,she seems to be "having it all".
You need to right now find your own hobbies and what brings you happiness.You also go for a walk,try to get some hobbies,have some comfort (not junk) food from time to time,have good sleep,accept the situation right now..
When you are inwardly happy,others happiness won't bother you
What Anika said is totally true! When we are inwardly happy, others happiness won’t bother us. And that happiness, we cannot find it outside. Ask yourself, what you find exciting, what you think can make you happy.. Then work on it..I am sure, there may be some challenges.. but once that hard part is over, you will find your way. Best wishes!
What is bothering you here? That she is not giving a chance for you to crib. Minding her own business and trying to keep her sanity intact by going around for walks instead of dishing it out to you. You have 60% of happiness handed down to you on a platter, work on the rest 40%. Do something. Like going for walks yourself. Try some new desserts or dishes. Eat chips. Watch interesting movies.
People like your MIL think that they have you on a leash and if they extend a little bit of the leash things will get out of control, you should have make a big issue and asked your DH to get a maid for cooking since you are working fulltime.
What are you complaining about ???
Mils hsve made life hell for dills especially in this pandemic . count your blessings she is not saying anything n is so accommodating
My mil talks so much n everything to her n her daughters benefit that she makes life hell ..
It feels you are complaining, just so that you have something to complain about.
Your MIL doesn't seem to be bothering you, and it doesn't seem to be affecting you in any way by your own admittance.
You don't have to cook for her.
You don't have to clean for her.
You don't have to talk to her.
You don't have to pamper / spoil her.
So, what's the problem here? NOTHING!!
Just pray and hope that this pandemic will be over soon, and that she can go to her daughters or other son's house very soon. BTW flights and trains and buses have all started in case you wanna book tickets!
Actually the MIL can travel by private’s vehicle or taxi to any of her children’s home..if journey within 10 hours..else flight is an option...
Even otherwise things can be managed with the MIL for sometime as she seems like the adjusting type...
Here daily I’m hearing complaints from in laws about something or the other though I’m overworked...always accused of not doing anything inspite of slogging...I feel if had such accommodating MIL I’d have been quite happy to host her and keep her in my home till the time Covid situation gets better...