1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A story - Write comments to write the story further.

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by MeenLoch, Mar 16, 2008.

1. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Dear ILs, let's try this. I ll start a story. Let's build it together. Get your creative juices flowing. Since we are doing this for the first time, let me know, if it's difficult to build on. I have written it randomly to start with.

So here goes the story.

She was all of it. A mother, a wife, a career woman and a wonderful daughter. She was no lesser than a man when it came to her work, aggressive and focussed with a soft touch of woman. With a supportive mother, cooperative husband and smart kid she could easily juggle it all in a single day. With all her material needs satisfied, her life was an envy of her friends and relatives. But as a human mind would want something more, she was hardly happy. Something was missing !!!

2. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

She sighed as she looked at the setting sun. How very much she felt the same!!. Well to the out side world she seemed to be happy, She pretended to be so . She was'nt one who would share her sorrows. Her sorrows were all of hers .... hers that she had to tackle and tackle she must at the earliest.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

She was a super woman, she was a mom, a daughter, a career woman....but she was missing something...Was she missing her SELF. Her identity.

4. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

She was always catering to the needs and expectations of others around her. Maybe it was time to attend to her inner voice.

5. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Usha you made a good additon.

Husband was making fun of me saying, 'you are leaving tougher parts to friends'..heheh..Anyways here goes my addition...So you have rescued the story...

Although to the outer world, she was everything a woman needed to be at her age, she had her own set of unfulfilled desires. From the age four she was in love with painting and photography. She told to herself then, when she grows she would be an artist. But as days passed by, peer pressure, social conventions and the fact that she has to settle, made her enter a life, which was comfortable but not satisfying. She used to think to herself, she was never meant to be here. Nature and it's colors, the subtle things in planet earth are things which she loved celebrating. She was so struck in mundane life that, she wanted a change, she yearned to be herself, which would mean living her interests. She had her own little collections of paintings, which she had worked on during her free times, but it took last priority after attending to work, then family and then day to day problems. She said to herself, when she retires, she would once again get back to this. But that was long way off. Society has a trend always...Once actons and ideas shall be accepted only when someone close ( friends or relatives) have already done it and have been successful).

Shanvy, Devika and Usha - Good work...I can see your writing skills getting unleashed !

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

I think I am coming in late..because looks like the story has ended.. nice story and nice additions..

7. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

The story is not over dear AC. I was just testing an idea. Also some editing may be needed here and there to remove redundancy. I will think of something and finish this post :)

8. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

She decided to auction off these beautiful paintings and send the proceeds to the orphanage center in her birthplace....

9. swtsvn

swtsvn New IL'ite

As she thought more about this idea, an immensely growing craving to visit that "Jeevan ashram" occupied her mind, body and soul until she could no longer dismiss it. So she decided to visit the ashram, a flight and train distance away.

Before she materialised her decision, multivarious questions blogged her mind. Is this trip really necessary now? Could she afford the office leave? How will she manage the kids? should she take them with her, or let them be with her husband, while she took the trip by herself?

Finally, basing her decision on the maxim "When in confusion, just follow your heart, the whole world will consipire to make your dreams come true", she made necessary arrangements and boarded the 2 hour domestic flight.

10. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

With a silent tune playing in her heart, thinking about the day's events, she was almost close to the destination. Her paintings were well appreciated at the auction center. People who saw them, invariably asked the same question 'Why on earth would you leave painting'. You could have worked on this skill and you may have become a professional artist today'.
    Perhaps she was way away from starting this from scratch or perhaps not.
    After reaching the ashram, she handed the proceeds as she had decided. Visiting ashram had it's own importance in her life. On seeing those orphans, struggling with lives without loved ones, yet being happy, she gets inspired.

She realized, how much we crib, how many human beings fail to realize that, life is just before them and the choice is entirely theirs to make. It was a fresh rejuvenating energy and she decided to quit her job, and pursue her 30 year long wish. Her husband may or may not accept it, but he loves her and would be supportive of her. She hopes her best. It was not as if they didn't have money. It was more of chasing and in the process losing yourself.

The future remains unfolded. She may or may not become a great artist, but she is living her life today, attending classes, drawing and painting, feeling the oneness with nature.