A state of War, not War is the norm now. (This article is influenced by the book ‘ 1949-1984’ by George Orwell.) It is a foregone conclusion that in today’s war, no decisive victory is possible. Russia - Ukraine war is a burning example. In the past wars were fought to gain power by way of expanding land area or possessing more dangerous weapons. Now. Land boundaries are officially or otherwise recognized with minor abrasions here and there. Now the State of War is more important than the war itself. All that is needed is an excuse for war, knowing fully well that that will never happen. Take for example Indo-Pak relations. After partition in 1947, there have been two wars-1965 and 1971 and none can be called decisive. Pakistan got divided but India gained no land mass. Both countries are not aspiring to grab land from each other to gain power and so they are investing in new and latest weapons. The excuse for war between the two countries since partition has been Kashmir. 1965 war was for Kashmir but no one gained. Kashmir still remains the excuse keeping both countries in a state of war. Similar is the position in another state of war-like situations in the world. The big powers-America, Russia, and China are always in a state of war. So are North and South Korea and some European countries. The question, therefore, arises about whose interest is served by the state of war mania. Your guess is mine. 99% of the population gains nothing from this. The remaining 1 % is the politicians and weapon manufacturers. This keeps them relevant, powerful, wealthy, and safe. In a state of war, the decision-makers in power and in opposition have all the security. Those active in the security of the country on land, in the sky, and on the sea suffer the most. There is no solution for this as because if the solution for one excuse is found, there will be another excuse. Those in power or waiting to be in power will keep the countries in a constant State of War. The net result is, as always has been, a society with classes-Higher, Middle, and Lower. This world is what it was and will be what it is.