1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A smile costs million dollars in Gurgaon!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mehtaradhikam, Aug 23, 2015.

1. mehtaradhikam

mehtaradhikam Bronze IL'ite

Hello all lovely ladies!

Now this post is not to hurt anyone's feelings, it's what I have faced in my daily life in this millennium city Gurgaon, so please excuse and forgive me.

Last year due to my DH's promotion we shifted to gurgaon from ahmedabad. I am a gujarati (i am an Indian first ), born and brought up in Gujarat and married in Gujarati family. When news of we being shifting to Gurgaon cracked in my family, everyone was scared, as Delhi being unsafe, and all other things which we fellow indians know about Delhi-NCR. I surfed endlessly about how is life in Gurgaon, which helped in knowing about unsafe places, things to do and things not to do.

But surprisingly not even a single page in internet showed me how unfriendly people are here in Gurgaon. I am really really thankful to god who gave me a very friendly and happy maharashtrian family who lived next to my house. I am blessed I thought, and still I am blessed with their friendship, but other than that particular family I have not seen any neighbour to show any friendly behaviour at all.

People here DOES NOT SMILE AT ANYONE. They are rude, "apna bachha apna kutta" type people. They lack warmth which we find in any other place in India. I am saying this because I have travelled all over India and not encountered this much .... I am lost with word to describe kind of people.

Everyone just stay in their home, if they come outside, they will keep hiding their eyes so much as if anyone will come and say hello, they will not have any words to respond.

I have seen people showing off their personal possessions too much here. Showing off is a real deal in Gurgaon. Yes, we can buy anything here, we can earn lots of money, but where to find humanity? Humanity is totally lost.

Humans by nature needs some communication outside of their family, which is known as social communication, but that needs warmth and care as characteristics of human being. Since we have moved from Ahmedabad, I feel I have lost my skill of communicating with real people. It makes me feel not only depressed but makes me lonely more than ever.

Yes I know life is not a red carpet all the times, but we can atleast pull up some stones out of stranger's way. Want to write many more things about my life, but some other day. That's all for today.

Love to all fellow ladies!!

2. viraghu

viraghu Gold IL'ite

have spent few months/nearly to an yr there in gurgaon... i too have felt the same.... very few smile when they come to meet others or when we meet out!! So, its damn difficult to timepass other than nearby malls and local exhibitions which occur during festive times!!! If at all you have a own work for urself its dead difficult to timepass!! Goodluck with your new friends n findings!! hope you land up with good friends soon there!! Where there is a will, there is a way!!

1 person likes this.
  3. mehtaradhikam

mehtaradhikam Bronze IL'ite

Hello viraghu,

So true na! Yes need to find work, now here for me finding work is a work indeed. Trying that only.

4. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

I watched NH10 movie, I can get some idea what u r saying. Lot of crime happens and no body follows rules that is what the movie said.