1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Slice Of Heaven!!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SARASVADIVU, May 28, 2011.

1. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

[​IMG]

Here this too is taken out of the leaves of my ‘Teaching Manuscript’:

After having worked at a Matriculation School initially..switching over to the mode of the International (& Residential) was to me a world of difference!!

For e.g. in the former clan of schools, you can ‘hire’ the help of the parents in home-work assignments and the like; the children too, after the 8.00-4.00 stint at school..have their own world of individualities and leisures—like going for a bicycle ride, relax over a cup of mamma’s hot coffee.. get to play cricket, gathering all the kids in the colony.

While, here our children always are to confirm to time-bound schedules..and honestly whatever the luxuries that get to unfold before them, it’s a tough nut to crack their ‘home-sickness’!!!

I’m sure our kids end up sacrificing a lot and also do end up gaining..Contradictory but true!!

If they sacrifice their moments with the near and dear ones..aren’t they simultaneously gaining in adapting themselves to strangely new cicumstances and acquaintances?!

Our kids might be sacrificing in recreational activities..but it is again,they who get to spend their time in a constructive manner..compared to their day-scholar counterparts! ’ coz their very stay is in itself a ‘Learning’!!

Our kids might not have the ‘license’ to wake up at 7.00a.m…or till the time he (or she) gets ready.. being doted upon by the mom, who feeds his break-fast while he keeps‘waging a war’ with his shoe ‘n’ socks!!

In turn our kids are aware of themselves and at a very early age, earn the biggest ‘wealth’ of all times-Responsibility.

[​IMG]
    All this clearly springs from their attitude of mingling, living, celebrating and growing in a positive atmosphere resonating with a vibrancy..very typical of what one can get to see within the Indian(or for that matter the Lankan) cricket team!!!!

[​IMG]
    And above all, the child, even after having left his ‘Alma Mater’
    ....makes it a point to re-connect to us; and profoundly thank us for all that we've done to them..is indeed nothing but a Slice of Heaven!
    Luv You’ll Kiddos.
    Saras.

2. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

A nice one dear Saras....!!!!!!!!

You have clearly pin pointed the advantages and disadvantages of hostel and home life of students...

3. SARASVADIVU

dear mss,
    Thanks once again for being a consistent supporter for whatever I tend to scribble:bowdown:bowdown

Cheers,

Saras.

4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saras,
    That's a great one. And this blog feeds on to another longing of mine. I have never stayed in a hostel. That's why I am extremely dependent most especially on my wife.

She does everything for me. And God knows I do next to nothing for her.

Hostel life has its own problems as well. They make the students self-dependent, no doubt. They also make them tough. They make them fit for cricket teams. But I was just wondering whether they may be conducive to the soft life of a painter, a writer or a sculptor.

A great blog as usual, Saras. Keep them coming.
    love,
    sridhar

5. SARASVADIVU

Dear Sir,

Thanks first for taking the time off your precious schedule to step in!

>She does everything for me. And God knows I do next to nothing for her.
    Sir, most often I too feel the same of my Ma..SHE does everything for me..but I what can I do to reciprocate to HER unconditional Love?!?!

>But I was just wondering whether they may be conducive to the soft life of a painter, a writer or a sculptor.
    No..sir, that's a misconception ..actually we have some wonderful musicians and painters too!!

Regards & love,
    Saras

6. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

My sweet malgova mango,

You have very well understood the pulse of the student heaven. You have narrated each and every point in a realistic and practical manner. The positive vibrant should linger in the ears of each and every student.
    Very well analysed the Pros and cons of the topic.

7. SARASVADIVU

My dear dear sweetiema,
    You have well understood the pulse of this post and I owe you a million thanks for the same!!!!
    Saras

8. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Thats true Saras... But i always pity those kids... I feel they deserve to be doted at this age... but anyways situations differ.... I am sure you would be extra-kind to them.... :)

ilt

9. SARASVADIVU

dear ILT,
    I do agree with your views but these children's situations are mostly different..and in the long run they start not just adapting but loving this kind of a stay.
    Not to leave out our efforts in being really kind and affectionate to them too!!!!
    Saras

10. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Dear saras,
    Thanks for sharing this blog!!!
    Like ILT I always pitied kids who stay in hostel... But not any more when they have teachers like you :)