1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A single tip for happy marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sonalie, Oct 8, 2009.

1. sonalie

sonalie Junior IL'ite

This i have picked up from someone else post where people cribbed and cribbed about inlaws, mother in law, sister in laws intereference from 10000 miles away

with due respect to unknown author...
    """"""
    Rule#2 - Lot many marriages suffer with Single Son Syndrome + spineless husband + mommy's boy. Stop discussing parents.. start discussing job, promotions, salary, babies, greens in current city.

"""""""

my interpretations
    just stop discussing unpleasant things when they are not around

these lines i am adding for doubting deeptis
    ( oh yeah, your skeptical mind will say, in laws visit you for one month. so during that month fight and crib and vent out to your heart content and keep peace and harmony in your mind, house for rest of the eleven months)
    dont fight on in laws issues at least,

you can fight and get angry over other issue, if you want to...but then thats not a happy marriage

2. priya g

priya g Senior IL'ite

I like the idea...agree with it!:thumbsup

3. Sunshine123

Sunshine123 New IL'ite

Hey Sonalie.......you post is a little confusing.

Firstly, You started off on a negative note about all those who have troublesome in-laws.........People come here with genuine problems that they have with their in-laws, seeking some valuable suggestions.........i wouldn't agree with the word 'Cribbing' that you used.

Secondly, .......I dont understand what your post wants to convey in the second half........you are just all over the place....just gather your thoughts and re-write.:coffee

Cheers

4. b86monica

b86monica New IL'ite

Sonali,
    what are you trying to convey here? I reckon that you are making fun of others post.

Your post seems to be very confusing!

5. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Coz, she's confused !!!

Sorry, but all your posts I have seen is just to negatively charge the souls and it's not good, lady !!

6. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

:idontgetit::idontgetit::idontgetit::idontgetit:
    sonalie i came here sooooooooo eagerly to look for the tip as it culd help me but my stupid brain dint get it .could u pplease elobarate and help

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  7. kinjal

kinjal Bronze IL'ite

What is it? I did not get it at all.. :help

8. sonalie

sonalie Junior IL'ite

my interpretations

just stop discussing unpleasant things when they are not around

is this one line thing so difficult to understand,

and let me put a striaght arrow to all those genuine problems with in laws: in half of posts girls are themselves admitting that their dh is saying " cool down and dont flare up on small things. ignore if his mother said so and so innocently"
    but if it is someones nature to make mountain of anger out of a mole hill, even simple things will look complicated and you will end up vitiating the domestic harmony ..

9. kavya007

kavya007 Gold IL'ite

That's very easy to say when you are on the other side. You seem to hold this "holier than thou" attitude :) I know your ex-SIL filed a false 498a case against you and that is the cause of your lopsided view. Lady there are two sides to every coin. If your in-laws ill treat you, constantly berating your family and your husband keeps preaching to you, lets see how long you can handle it. That would be a good litmus test to test how well you really practice what you preach !! Are you able to get over what your ex-SIL did to you? If not, I don't think you are there yet to preach on tolerance :)

Kavya.

10. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Sonalie, let me just say what majority of other women are thinking here but are too polite to say...

You are OBSESSED with your ex sil. Absolutely OBSESSED. You can't let go of what happened, so now you have it out for all women. You come accross as an angry, bitter person and it shows through in all your posts.

Everybody gets confused by your posts.... and I know why. It's because you never meant for your posts to help US. Instead, you use the posts to get what you perceive to be your tiny little piece of revenge. My sincerest advice is try to let go of your anger. If you'd like to talk it out, post your experience with ex-sil here on the site, and let other ladies suggest how you can move on. I did the same thing when I asked the ladies here, how I could forget the romantic stories my mil told me about dh and his ex. And sure enough, it helped me a lot. So instead of spending so much time writing weird stuff that nobody gets, why not try to squelch your anger in a more productive way?

You can write back saying I'm wrong, but let me just tell you now, save yourself the time because I KNOW I'm right. Best of luck to you.