1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Simple Diwali Gift From A Friend!

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Oct 17, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Sudha!

dear sudha,
    I tried to load the picture but it wont go in because of the size. Then I asked the moderators to do it for me. But when they tried to cut down the size the picture became unrecognisable.
    I shall send the picture to you by email.
    And thanks for those words.
    regards,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Thanks Meenu!

Dear Meenu,

thanks for your kind Diwali Wishes and I on behalf of Indhu, preethi and my parents, am pleased to wish you the same.

With Vikatan every year there is something different. In 2005 they wanted me to write stories on topics like "charavedi", "anugundu", "deepavali marundhu" and so on.
    In 2005 two of my stories were chosen. While one was published under my pen name the other was published in my real name.

Thanks once again for your kind post,
    Varalotti

3. varalotti

Thanks Rajeswary!

Hello Rajeswary,
    thanks a lot for your kind words. I also take this opportunity to welcome you into this great forum. You will have a great time here and never for a moment will you feel lonely.
    Wish you all the best,
    regards,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Most Gracious ILites,
    After having read and discussed this story, let's move on to a wonderful book written by Allan and Barbara Pease, entitled, WHY MEN DONT LISTEN AND WOMEN CANT READ MAPS.
    It gives an insight into the differences between man and woman and if read and assimlated, the book will be a powerful aid to make every marriage happy and successful.
    I have already posted the excerpts of the book in my Saturday thread. Please have a look at it.
    regards,
    Varalotti

5. varalotti

Next Thread Posted!

Most Gracious ILites,
    As we were still reeling from the effects of discussing the book, “Why Men Don’t Listen And Women Cant Read Maps” I did not post anything last Wednesday. The excerpts from that book have made most ILites look down upon their husbands. Some of them to please me, went out of the way, to say that probably I may be an exception. I repeated this compliment to my wife and got a derisive laughter in response.
    Goodness and evil, I should say, at the most are evenly distributed between the sexes as you will see from this story, Brothers Keeper. I loved writing this story. Surprsiingly none of the Tamil magazines wanted to publish it. But Womans Era published it to raving reviews. The story is a little longish; but Womans Era thought it fit not to change even a word in the story.
    Kamla, didn’t I tell you in my mail that as a writer simple and routine things go to make profound stories than grand things and great sacrifices? And you would agree with me once you finish reading this.
    Happy reading ILites.
    Varalotti

6. varalotti

No Words, This Wednesday!

Most Gracious ILites,
    For this Wednesday thread I am saying it with a picture, actually a video. A video which hurt me when I saw it the first time, and hurts me whenever I see it or even think of it.
    This is the disease of the new age and in its effect even worse than Aids. Condoms at least provide some measure of protection against Aids.
    But against this... we are powerless.
    Have a look at the video and give your views, not as a courtesy to your Varalotti, but to discharge your social responsibility.
    Varalotti

7. aashree

aashree New IL'ite

I could not read this story..as i don't know TAMIL :icon_frown: